Shoei RF-SR Helmet
The Shoei RF-SR is optimized for long-range comfort with decreased noise and increased ventilation. Multiple shell sizes keeps the overall weight down and the exterior volume as small as possible for less wind buffeting and neck strain.
Aerodynamic Shell Design:
- Aerodynamic properties maximized through extensive wind tunnel and feedback from professional riders
- Dual-Layer EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Four shell and six EPS liner sizes increase fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- Two upper air intake vents are positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior; hot air is exhausted through top outlet for a more comfortable ride
- Lower intake vent absorbs air exhaled from the mouth to help eliminate shield fogging
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
Lightweight Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+):
- High performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers to create a shell structure that is ultra lightweight, rigid and resilient
- The entire interior lining (cheek pads, upper liner, and chin strap covers) can be removed for cleaning, center and cheek pads can be replaced with optional thicknesses for a customizable fit
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet, enabling the helmet to be more easily removed from the head
- Extra comfort provided by removable ear pads, breath guard, and chin curtain
- Standard chin strap clip neatly secures chin strap
CWR-1 Shield and QR-E System:
- CWR-1 shield features ribs along the top and bottom to improve rigidity and eliminate bending from wind pressure during opening and closing
- Improved window beading features dual-layered dual lip construction that ensures a windproof and waterproof seal with every closure
- Locking mechanism easily engages the shield lock when fully closed
- Pinlock pins and EVO fog resistant lens insert included
- Spring-loaded base plates offer quick shield changes
- Five-stage rotating dial allows fine tuning of the base plate for easy shield adjustments
- QR-E closure system allows for tool-less shield removal and installation, and provides an air-tight seal intended to significantly minimize wind noise
Note: Due to manufacturer restrictions, Shoei products can only be shipped to addresses within the United States.
My head shape is an intermediate-oval, the same as the majority of head shapes. This fit the same as the RF-1200, along with many Aria and AVG. I was able to stuff my melon into a size medium, but was too tight a fit. But it didn't have any pressure points, which surprised me. I got a size large (head measurements are at the bottom).
I rode around for a bit on my sv650s, and I didn't notice it at all on my head. I turned to look behind getting on the freeway and the helmet didn't do a thing. Aerodynamics are exceptional. There is barely any wind buffering. Closing the visor leaves me in my own little space, the seal and clamping force working so well with the thick, optic-grade visor. The field of view is slightly wider than the many helmets I tried on. The chin is shaped nicely so I don't hit my shoulders with it while looking behind, I would guess it also helps with cutting through the wind.
On my track day, it was 45F, and raining. I didn't have the pinlock in yet, I could say I wanted to see what difference it could make, but honestly I just forgot to put it in. The visor fogged pretty easily along with my glasses. Having to leave it cracked didn't let much water in, but after a few sessions I installed the included Evo pinlock. I still had to leave the visor cracked open while in the pits for my glasses, but once I got going I could fully close it, only using the chin vent. It remained fog free while huffing and puffing in the cold rain. I'm very impressed. The rest of the helmet remained dry, the two front vents sealing out the rain. My neck remained unstrained, thanks to the light weight and great aerodynamics up to 100 mph.
I like the way it looks on me, too. Shoei used more shell sizes like Aria does to tailor the fit. With the size large, I'm not wearing a shell that fits LG-3XL like I was before. The profile is slimmer and weight is reduced. I have the flat black, it was the only one in stock, but it's growing on me.
I appreciate the safety features also, from the emergency release pulls on the neck sides for the padding so EMT's don't have to struggle to remove it, to the multi-layer eps foam.
I think Shoei's quick release/install visor system works okay, but just make sure it's fully on and closes. I thought I had it secured, and when I flipped it down it popped off. Used to do the same thing on my RF-800.
The replacement visor selection is not ideal, a faintly metallic silver or gold costs 1/4th the price of the helmet! And that's not including the pinlock!!! But wow are they perfectly made, and the helmet feels like quite a bargain that an extra cool visor is not that extravagant.
Just for you, I used two framing squares as calipers to measure my head: front to back is 8 1/8", side to side is 6 1/8" Circumference is 23.5"
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Black / XS||1165809||0107-0105-03||Only 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / SM||1165810||0107-0105-04||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / MD||1165811||0107-0105-05||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / LG||1165812||0107-0105-06||Out of Stock|
|Black / XL||1165813||0107-0105-07||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / 2XL||1165814||0107-0105-08||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Matte Black / XS||1165833||0107-0135-03||Out of Stock|
|Matte Black / SM||1165834||0107-0135-04||Out of Stock|
|Matte Black / MD||1165835||0107-0135-05||Out of Stock|
|Matte Black / LG||1165836||0107-0135-06||Out of Stock|
|Matte Black / XL||1165837||0107-0135-07||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Matte Black / 2XL||1165838||0107-0135-08||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / XS||1165815||0107-0109-03||Out of Stock|
|White / SM||1165816||0107-0109-04||Out of Stock|
|White / MD||1165817||0107-0109-05||Out of Stock|
|White / LG||1165818||0107-0109-06||Out of Stock|
|White / XL||1165819||0107-0109-07||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / 2XL||1165820||0107-0109-08||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Basalt Grey / XS||1165845||0107-0147-03||Only 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Basalt Grey / SM||1165846||0107-0147-04||Out of Stock|
|Basalt Grey / MD||1165847||0107-0147-05||Only 2 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Basalt Grey / LG||1165848||0107-0147-06||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Basalt Grey / XL||1165849||0107-0147-07||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Basalt Grey / 2XL||1165850||0107-0147-08||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Matte Deep Grey / XS||1165839||0107-0137-03||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Matte Deep Grey / SM||1165840||0107-0137-04||Out of Stock|
|Matte Deep Grey / MD||1165841||0107-0137-05||Only 2 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Matte Deep Grey / LG||1165842||0107-0137-06||Out of Stock|
|Matte Deep Grey / XL||1165843||0107-0137-07||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Matte Deep Grey / 2XL||1165844||0107-0137-08||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Tangerine Orange / XS||1165821||0107-0116-03||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Tangerine Orange / SM||1165822||0107-0116-04||Only 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Tangerine Orange / MD||1165823||0107-0116-05||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Tangerine Orange / LG||1165824||0107-0116-06||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Tangerine Orange / XL||1165825||0107-0116-07||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Tangerine Orange / 2XL||1165826||0107-0116-08||Out of Stock|
|XS / Matte Blue||1165827||0107-0132-03||Out of Stock|
|SM / Matte Blue||1165828||0107-0132-04||Only 2 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|MD / Matte Blue||1165829||0107-0132-05||Out of Stock|
|LG / Matte Blue||1165830||0107-0132-06||Out of Stock|
|XL / Matte Blue||1165831||0107-0132-07||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|2XL / Matte Blue||1165832||0107-0132-08||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|