Icon Airmada Chantilly Helmet
The Airmada is ICON's highest evolution of helmet craftsmanship and you’ll realize this from the moment you take off. With four shell sizes and 5 dual-density EPS liners sizes in the rider-preferred oval head form, the Icon Airmada offers a personalized fit without an ounce of wasted space. The shield system has also been completely redesigned to give riders the best view of the road ahead. The new Rapid Release shield removal system allows you to change ICON Optics in a matter of seconds. The Icon Airmada Chantilly Helmet is lace for your face.
- Injection molded polycarbonate shell for strength and durability
- Recessed twin channel supervent with industry leading intake and exhaust ports for increased cooling
- Fog-free ICON optics shield with PROLOCK shield locking system
- Adjustable chin and forehead venting system maintains continual temperature for increased comfort in and riding situation
- Rapid-Release shield change system
- Removable molded breath deflector helps prevent fogging
- Fully removable, washable, HYDRADRY moisture-wicking interior
- Easy adjuster go-vent switch for superior air flow control
- Available in 4 shell sizes with an ICON exclusive long oval headform for ultimate fit and comfort
- All World standard meets or exceeds the following – DOT FMVSS 218 (US ), ECE 22-05 (EUROPE), SAI AS1698 (AUSTRALIA) & SG (JAPAN) safety and testing standards. (Does not ship with SAI or SG Certification stickers unless purchased from an authorized dealer in that country)
Things that are great about it:
- This helmet breathes extremely well. There are 7 vents on this thing!
- It's pretty quiet. Compared to the moular I was wearing this helmet is much more quiet.
- It's pretty light. I tried this and a Sedici Carbon Strada and the weight difference was pretty nominal. World of difference compared to the Bilt modular.
- Sweet graphics. It looks awesome without being over the top (the black rubatone).
- Hypora liner lets the cheek pads breath and are antimicrobial. The liner is also the chantilly lace pattern, too.
- Fog free and optically correct lens.
- Seemed to reduce the amount of head buffetting I was getting from my windshiled.
- No pressure points!
- Has a nice flat spot to mount my bluetooth, and enough room inside fo the speakers.
- Super easy to swap out shields.
- Nice, snug neckroll.
Things that aren't so great about it:
- Well, that neckroll I just mentioned makes this helmet tough to pull on and off. It's a squeeze to get it on my head, but fits well once on.
- I wish it had a drop down sun visor... like, a lot.
- Replacement sheilds require new matching side plates, which are NOT cheap to order plates and shield together.
PROS: Lightweight, Quiet, Easy Shield Swap, Good Fit, Well Ventilated, Fog Free, Good Optics, Looks Awesome
CONS: Hard To Get On And Off, No Drop Down Visor
BEST USES: Touring, Sport Touring, Commuting, Track, Daily Use
PROS: Well vented, Snug Fitted, quiet
BEST USES: Commuting, Everyday use, Cruising, Track riding
This helmet is lighter than my Vendetta was. The neck roll is much more comfortable.
Above, someone mentioned:
"Replacement shields require new matching side plates, which are NOT cheap to order plates and shield together." You do NOT have to get more side plates, the existing ones pop out also, so you can change your visor without replacing them (unless you break them)
6 months ago
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Rubatone Black / XS||946079||01017067||Available: Requires 1-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Rubatone Black / SM||946080||01017068||Only 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Rubatone Black / MD||946081||01017069||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Rubatone Black / LG||946082||01017070||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Rubatone Black / XL||946083||01017071||Only 3 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Rubatone Black / 2XL||946084||01017072||Only 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Rubatone Black / 3XL||946085||01017073||Only 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / XS||946086||01017074||Available: Requires 1-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|White / SM||946087||01017075||Only 2 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / MD||946088||01017076||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / LG||946089||01017077||Only 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / XL||946090||01017078||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / 2XL||946091||01017079||Only 2 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / 3XL||946092||01017080||Available: Requires 1-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|