Pirelli Diablo Rosso II Front Tires
Bringing the technology developed for World Superbike to the road, the Pirelli Diablo Rosso II Tires gives your bike an amazing combination of grip and long tread-life for sport riders looking for an upgrade. The Tri-zone dual compound composition and improved tread design offers improved drainage, better wear and handling.
- The Diablo Rosso II is the sportiest and most versatile road-oriented tire of the Rosso generation
- Diablo Rosso II is Pirelli's newest super sport radial for all riding conditions, including the wet
- Grip is enhanced even further by EPT (Enhanced Patch Technology) developed in WSBK, which optimizes the contact patch for improved grip
- A maximum contact patch area is due tin part to an ICS (Integrated Contour Shaping) technology, complimenting handling and power of today's modern motorcycles
- Slick shoulder area maximizes grip at full lean which boosts confidence and performance while cornering
- Functional Groove Design (FGD) to optimize wet behavior
- W Speed rated except for 110/70R17 which is H speed rated
- D Spec tire is OE for 2013 Ducati's fitted with Rosso II tires
The one downside to this tire is that there is no tread in the center of the tire...great for traction, bad for judging wear...no tread, place for wear bars.
I knew my rear had developed a flat section right on the 'slick' centerline. Typically not a problem with other similar brands because the wear bands would let me know as the tire became marginal.
On this tire though - based on past experience with other brands of similar size, intent, and wear pattern - I thought I had another 500-1K miles or so left in it. I headed-out on a bit of a 150-mile spirited ride on a pleasant afternoon, knowing that I'd change the tires before my next ride.
At my midway stop, I checked the tire as I approached from behind the bike with the sun over my shoulder. The sparkle of the steel belts peaking-out from under the rubber in sections was unmistakable. Ugh...I short-cut my ride and limped home without issue.
Again, I'm not complaining about the tire itself. It really is a great tire for more spirited riding, especially on a 'Motard. Just be aware that it is impossible to judge the wear and you can run it longer than you should. If the centerline flat is more than 1 1/4" wide, consider the tire marginal for continued use and change it ASAP.
PROS: Good Ride, Good Cornering
CONS: Wears Easily
The tire heats up very quick and sticks like bubble yum bubble gum..
Nothing really bad i can say about the tire.
PROS: Easy To Install, Versatile, Good Ride, Good Cornering, Durable
BEST USES: Replacement, Street Riding, Racing, Upgrade
PROS: Good Ride, Good Cornering
BEST USES: Racing, Street Riding, Upgrade
PROS: Good Ride, Confidence When Riding, Good Cornering, Quick warm up
BEST USES: Street Riding, Racing
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|110/70R17 54H||817399||2072500||In Stock: Ships next business day|
|110/70ZR17 54W||817400||2069900||In Stock: Ships next business day|
|120/60ZR17 55W||817395||2070000||In Stock: Ships next business day|
|120/70ZR17 58W||817357||2291900||In Stock: Ships next business day|
|120/70ZR17 58W D Spec||885701||2148800||In Stock: Ships next business day|