Alpinestars Valparaiso Drystar Gloves
With all the essentials for a perfect waterproof touring glove, the Alpinestars Valparaiso Drystar Gloves are designed for miles of riding comfort. The Drystar waterproof membrane is combined with an insulated membrane for comfort in multitudes of weather conditions. Knuckle protection and a third and fourth finger-bridge is standard for the best in crash protection.
- Leather, suede and advanced poly-fabric textile construction incorporating the innovative MCFit material technology to offer optimized grip, waterproofing and breathability thanks to a DRYSTAR membrane
- MCFit’s sealed triple layer construction affords a highly reduced material construction to promote dexterity and sensitivity of bike controls
- Insulated membrane for excellent heat retention performance in colder climates
- Alpinestars patented third and fourth finger-bridge prevents contortion and separation of the fingers in the event of impact slide
- Over molded, advanced PU knuckle protection covered by leather for styling and durability
- Reflective detailing improves rider visibility at night or in poor conditions
- Flexible accordion poly-fabric panels on fingers, thumb and back of hand for increased maneuverability and fit
- Leather palm with suede reinforcements on palm, fingers, thumb and heel of hand
- Dual VELCRO® brand closures wrist closure system ensures fully adjustable, weather-tight closure
- EVA foam padding on fingers, thumb and wrist
- Reflective detailing on fingers for improved visibility
- Convenient soft TPU visor wipe on left hand
After I came back from a deployment I realized it wasn't summer anymore and my hands nearly froze off in the morning hours on the way to work. After that, I promptly placed my summer gloves into hibernation for the winter and began my search for some gloves that'll keep feeling in my fingers.
I arrived at the Cycle Gear closest to my location and started my search in the vast selection of jackets for hands. After about an hour of fashion fingers I made my decision on these Alpinestars.
Now these gloves has an internal liner built in with 2 straps, one on the gauntlet and one on the bottom of the wrist that fitted me quite well. Finger flex wise was great. I didn't have to work out my fingers just to do some basic functions like pick things out of my pocket. After a quick purchase and a few days later came the trial.
My commute was only roughly about 30 minutes on the highway. Rolling through the streets doing roughly 30-40 Mph in about 40 degree weather, the gloves held up. Doing highway speed (70+ Mph because Cali) in 40 degree weather, the gloves started to loose its warmth. Now, it was no where near the pain of the summer gloves. But it was an upgrade. I think if I put on a pair of the Bilt glove liners it would do the trick.
Bottom line is: It works great for cooler weather and is very rain resistant as of today since the skies decided to cry for a bit, probably because it was Monday.
PROS: I Can Feel My Hands
CONS: Still A Tad Bit Cold
BEST USES: Cooler weather, Regular Weather, Is That Rain In Cali
As a spring/fall glove these are fantastic, except when it really rains. In a light rain they will keep your hands dry but during a downpour all bets are off. I understand getting some rain rolling down your sleeve into your glove. There isn't much that can be done about that except get a jacket with wide enough sleeves to tuck the cuff into. But when you go to wipe the rain off your visor and your thumb is instantly soaked you have found the limitations of the waterproofing, and all you can do is hope that your gloves dry out enough for your trip home.
By the way, they are miserable to try to put your hands into when they are soaked... My next pair of gloves will likely be gore-tex, and if that fails, at least I can leave a pair of "waterproof" gloves at work to swap on the way home, to give them more time to dry.
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Black / SM||946964||33100451||Available: Requires 1-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Black / MD||946965||33100452||Only 1 Left: Ships next business day|
|Black / LG||946966||33100453||Available: Requires 1-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Black / XL||946967||33100454||Available: Requires 1-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Black / 2XL||946968||33100455||Only 1 Left: Ships next business day|
|Black / 3XL||946969||33100456||Available: Requires 5-6 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|SM / Black/Yellow||946970||33100457||Available: Requires 5-6 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|MD / Black/Yellow||946971||33100458||Available: Requires 1-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|LG / Black/Yellow||946972||33100459||Only 1 Left: Ships next business day|
|XL / Black/Yellow||946973||33100460||Available: Requires 1-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|2XL / Black/Yellow||946974||33100461||Available: Requires 1-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|3XL / Black/Yellow||946975||33100462||Available: Requires 5-6 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|SM / Cool Grey/Black||946976||33100463||Only 1 Left: Ships next business day|
|MD / Cool Grey/Black||946977||33100464||Only 1 Left: Ships next business day|
|LG / Cool Grey/Black||946978||33100465||Available: Requires 1-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|XL / Cool Grey/Black||946979||33100466||Only 1 Left: Ships next business day|
|2XL / Cool Grey/Black||946980||33100467||Available: Requires 1-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|3XL / Cool Grey/Black||946981||33100468||Only 1 Left: Ships next business day|