Looking for something else?
- Free Shipping Over $49
- No-Hassle Returns View Details
- 30-Day Best Price Guaranteed
Alpinestars Tech Air Race Vest Resources
Alpinestars Tech Air Race Airbag Vest
The same technology that has been protecting the best MotoGP and WSBK riders for years is now available to the common man. The Alpinestars Tech Air Race Airbag Vest is a standalone system, meaning there are no external sensors or tethers. Simply install the vest in a compatible Tech Air Race suit or jacket and enjoy professional level protection.
The system's ACU (Airbag Control Unit) uses information gathered from three accelerometers and one gyroscope, in conjunction with advanced algorithms—the same ones used by the pros—to detect a crash scenario. Once the system has detected a crash, it deploys the airbag, providing protection to the riders back, chest, kidney area and upper abdomen. In the standard race configuration, only one of the system's two argon inflator charges are used at a time. Meaning your vest is ready for a second crash without the need of sending it out for repacking. This is not the case for the 2XL size, which will always active both charges at once due to its larger volume. All sizes of the vest can be set to use both charges at once, even in race mode, if a faster deployment is desired.
The Race Vest is also compatible with Alpinestars' street algorithms. Should you wish to use your vest on the street, simply plug the vest into a PC loaded with Alpinestars Tech Air Connect App and upload the street algorithms. The street settings are better able to detect typical street crashes and also use both argon inflator charges at the same time, lowering deployment time to just 25 milliseconds. The street vest is not compatible with the race algorithms.
The Tech Air system requires registration with Alpinestars. Due to the technical nature of the Tech Air System, special care and maintenance is required. Once both charges are expended, the vest must be sent to Alpinestars for maintenance, repacking and cleaning. Please note that if the suit has been serviced or either of the airbags have been deployed, the vest is no longer returnable. Please read the User Manual in detail, and let Cycle Gear know if you have any additional questions.
- PC compatible software (No current Mac compatibilty) allows users to switch between Race or Street algorithms and update firmware
- Race vest can be used in street or race modes
- Fully enclosed ACU (Airbag Control Unit) is seal-protected within the vest's CE level 2 back protector
- One gyroscope and one accelerometer housed inside ACU
- One additional accelerometer on each shoulder
- Lithium ion battery with approximately 25 hours of use when fully charged
- One hour of charge time yields four hours of ride time
- Comprehensive protection of back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen
- Race Vest offers extra coverage for the shoulders and collar bones
- All Tech Air Vests include two inflator charges
- Argon inflator charges are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard
- Internal airbag tethers used to control final deployed shape create less bulk than a chambered design and allow for quicker inflation
- Nylon-6 airbag material is lightweight and breathable
- Airbag inflates in 45 milliseconds in Race mode and remains fully inflated for 5 seconds
- Installs easily in Tech Air Race Vest compatible gear with VELCRO® and YKK zippers
- One plug, located at the back of the vest, plugs into LED sleeve display plug
- Magnetic closure detection system built into the vest arms the system once it senses the suit has been zipped and the bike is in motion
- When the system detects a crash, the airbag will be fully deployed within .45 seconds
- System is instantly ready to redeploy (not 2XL)
- Size SM vests fit: size 44-46 euro
- Size MD vests fit: size 48-50 euro
- Size LG vests fit: 52-54 euro
- Size XL vests fit: 56-58 euro
- Size 2XL vests fit: 60-62 euro
Note: The Tech Air Race Vest is ONLY COMPATIBLE with Tech Air Race prepared riding gear. It is not compatible with Tech Air Street gear. Due to its larger size, the 2XL size Tech Air Race Vest will always deploy both charges simultaneously.
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Black / SM||1221567||/6508016-155-S||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / MD||1221568||/6508016-155-M||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / LG||1221569||/6508016-155-L||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / XL||1221570||/6508016-155-XL||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / 2XL||1221571||/6508016-155-XXL||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / XS||1657045||6508016155XS||Only 2 Left: Ships within 24 hours|