Sena SMH-10 Universal Bluetooth Headset
The Sena SMH10 allows you to link up with riders using other Bluetooth headsets and enables you to pair with a Bluetooth enabled phone for making calls on the go, listening to music or turn by turn navigation. The SMH10 is an extremely popular well-proven design that has a very intuitive menu. This universal kit gives you the option of either a wired microphone (for full face helmets) or a wired boom microphone (for open face or modular helmets).
- Universal Intercom: allows pairing to other brands of Bluetooth headsets
- Ultra HD Voice Recording compatible with the Sena GP10 Bluetooth Back for GoPro and Sena Prism Bluetooth Action Camera
- Audio Booster
- Individual Volume Control
- Versatile Jog Dial
- Use while charging
- Upgradable firmware
- Talk time: 12 hours
- Standby time: 10 days
- Working Distance (Intercom): up to 900 meters (980 yards) in open terrain
- 4-way conference intercom
- Headset: 84.1 mm x 56.5 mm x 38.6 mm (3.3 in x 2.2 in x 1.5 in)
- Clamp unit: 223.8 mm x 85.5 mm x 30.6mm (8.8 in x 3.4 in x 1.2 in)
- Headset weight: 60g (2.11 oz)
- Clamp unit: 84g (2.96 oz)
- Speakers: 45 mm x 7 mm (1.8 in x 0.28 in)
- Profiles: Headset Profile, Hand-Free Profile (HFP),
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP),
- Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Bluetooth v3.0+EDR
- Advanced Noise Control: Improved wind and engine noise reduction
- Sidetone: Now you can hear yourself talk similar to a Goldwing or Harley Davidson intercom
- Built-in SBC Codec
- Voice prompts
- Conference phone call with intercom participant
- Noise cancellation
- Wind noise reduction
- Wide volume control
- Sample rate: 48kHz (DAC)
- Auxiliary audio-in connection via 3.5mm jack
- Charging time: 2.5 hours
- Type: Lithium polymer battery
In the Box
- Headset Main Unit
- Speaker-Microphone Clamp Unit
- USB Power and Data Cable (Micro USB)
- Cigarette Lighter Charger (Micro USB)
- 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable
- Glued Surface Mounting Adaptor
- Microphone Sponge
- VELCRO® brand closures Pads for Speakers
- Allen Wrench
Note: Some of the above features require updating to the latest firmware version. The firmware is a free download from Sena Technologies.
PROS: Battery Life, Easy To Install, price, Easy to use
CONS: Some Wind Noise
I've had cardo, torx (3 sets), Bilt Techno, Do-it-yourselves.
The cardo worked but sounded terrible, the torx (all the $79 model with cord sounded good but were not loud enough and the cords would wear our every 4-6 months), bilt techno (returned - knob kept breaking) was loud enough mostly and sounded ok.
This is the best sounding and most convenient so far (well, maybe the Koss on-ear corded headphones that I took apart and mounted in my helmet sounded better).
I definitely recommend these, they are loud enough to listen to audiobooks at 85mph and music sounds pretty good too. Phone seems to work well but I've only used it once or twice at low spped.
PROS: Sounds good, works, Good for music
PROS: LOUD, Drowns Out My Pipes, Easy Controls
CONS: Not a lot of bass
BEST USES: Work 12 Miles, Cruiser With Vh Pipes, Use In Half Helmet
Features - A
Looks - A+
Installation - A+
Packging - A+
Sound Quality - D-
EVERYTING is wonderful about this unit, as long as you don't have to actually listen to it. Or try and command your phone with it.
There is zero bass. Seriously. Zero. I don't want thumping music in my ears when I ride, by any means. But God's-honest-truth, this thing has sero bass and almost no midrange at all.
When you try and listen to music - I dare you - it is sooo shrill that it's painful.
I hate having to take these back, but I hate more the thought of trying to listen to anything through these speakers.
I've tried the foam inserts - no joy. I've tried taking the speakers out of the helmet and holding them right to my ears - no joy.
So regrettably, I am returning them.
I really don't like my Harley only having a wired connection, but the speakers sound far better. And least they are not painful to listen to.
PROS: Installation, price, Complete Conmponents, Software, Features, Build Quality
CONS: Sound quality, Almost No Midrange, Zero bass
Awesome. Looks good, sounds good, great quality.
PROS: Fitment, Calls are clear, price
CONS: Sound quality
Music? Forget it!
Phone calls? Very clear... But only when you hear the damm thing ring.
And that's almost never!!
PROS: Phone, Install
CONS: Price, Music, Hearing It Ring
PROS: Easy To Install
CONS: Big, Not Cross Compatible, Microphone Is In The Face
PROS: Easy Install, easy to use, Loud Tinny Sound
CONS: long battery, No voice commands, Doesnt Work With Android
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Sena SMH10 Universal Bluetooth Headset||839075||SMH10-11||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|