Shorai LFX Lithium Iron Battery LFX14L2-BS12
Shorai LFX Lithium motorcycle batteries are some of the lightest and most powerful replacement batteries available. Most motorcycle owners are used to hooking up a tender to their lead-acid batteries, all the time. Shorai LFX have a much slower self-discharge than the best lead acid batteries. This means that they can still crank your vehicle even if the remaining capacity is low. A fully charged LFX can sit for a year or more and still retain adequate starting capacity, without damaging the battery. As such, any vehicle which has no current flowing when the key is off should not need a tender. Newer vehicles may have a significant draw even when the key is off, to maintain clocks and computers, etc. In this case Shorai expects that a few hours of riding per month will be all that is needed to avoid tending. At most this battery only needs to be charged once or twice a year, depending on the use and average storage temperature.
- Faster cranking for better starts
- Ultra light- one fifth the weight of lead-acid batteries on average
- Holds unloaded charge for one year without maintenance
- Zero sulfation for longer service life
- Super-fast recharge rate
- No explosive gasses during charge, no lead, no acid
- Military spec carbon composite case
- Multiple terminal connection options
- Includes adhesive back foam sheets
- Factory activated
- Environmentally friendly
- 2 year warranty
- 12 V- Volts
- 210 CCA- Cold Cranking Amps
- 14 Ah- Amp Hours
- 14 A Max Charge Rate
- Weight: 1.68 lbs/0.763 kg
- Left side negative terminal location
- Case Size 2: 58mm/2.28" x 113mm/4.45" x 89mm/3.5"
- See Shorai Specs PDF below for full fitment guide
- It is extremely important that you use only the appropriate battery for your bike. A battery with incorrect amperage may damage the battery and your bike.
- Shorai Batteries require a charging system output of 13.1 Volts or higher at idle and must not exceed 15.2 volts at maximum output.
- Shorai Batteries may not be a drop in replacement for all bikes, some modification to battery box, terminals etc may be necessary.
- Shorai recommends testing and charging all batteries prior to using.
- Shorai recommends NOT using a charger or tender if it has a desulfation mode which cannot be turned off. Shorai has confirmed that the Battery Tender brand does NOT have a desulfation mode and are OK for use with Shorai LFX batteries. However the best possible charger/tender for the Shorai LFX is the Shorai SHO-BMS01 Battery Management System.
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|LFX14L2-BS12||832268||423808||In Stock: Ships next business day|