Sedici Strada Linea Helmet
It does not matter if you ride on the street or the track, the Sedici Strada Full-Face Helmet is packed with features to improve your experience. The fiberglass shell is reinforced with DuPont™ KEVLAR® to make it tough without making it heavy, and it has plenty of surface mounted ventilation. A quick release, scratch resistant, and anti-fog clear faceshield is supplemented by an easy to use drop down sun shield making it easy to transition from sun to shade. The Strada also has an anti-bacterial liner featuring 5mm of adjustability for a more comfortable fit. Own the road with Strada.
- Fiberglass and KEVLAR® construction is lightweight without sacrificing strength
- High quality gloss and matte finishes available
- Quick release anti-fog and anti-scratch polycarbonate outer faceshield
- Easy to use drop-down inner sun shield
- Surface mounted chin and crown vents with an aerodynamic exhaust enhances airflow
- Removable and washable anti-bacterial multi density liner with a 5mm adjustable fitting
- Meets or exceeds DOT and ECE standards
For the first month, it was great. The noise was low, the padding fit tight everywhere and everything appeared good. Now about 2 months later I have the following problems....
- The chin curtain is splitting like crazy. This allows the splits to flap in the wind and also lets wind / debris / bugs up into the helmet while riding.
- The thing squeals like crazy. While riding I can not use the intercom because the wind squealing from an unknown area is overly loud to the other party.
- The snap that holds the excess chin strap broke off. Not a huge deal but now the excess strap is always smacking the helmet flapping in the wind.
- The wind noise after the first month got very loud. The helmet is the appropriate size for me I am certain. It's not a huge deal since no helmet is going to be silent but there are many out there that are much quieter for the price point.
- The lowest padding does not stay tucked into the bottom of the helmet. It appears that the strips of plastic that hold it in just became weak already and let the padding slide right out.
I wanted to like this helmet but with all these flaws, so soon, I can not recommend this helmet. I would expect these issues after 2-3 years of moderate to heavy usage but not after 2 months. How bad will it be in 2 years? Good thing Cyclegear has an exchange policy because over the next 5 year I will be going through a lot of these.
This appears to be uniform with all Sedici gear.... short term. I had 2 pairs of the rapido leather pants. Both failed.... one the stitching at the knee ripped out after a week and the second one the button broke after 2 weeks. Now what would happen if I crashed wearing a pair?
I also went through 2 pairs of the rapido gloves. The first and second pairs both let out in the fingers. If I went into a slide I would assume the gloves would separate leaving me vulnerable to serious injury.
I would not purchase another Sedici product again after all these quality control issues unfortunately.
PROS: stylish, Comfortable
CONS: Bad Updraft, Very noisy, Snap broke, Chin Curtain Is Cracking, Weak Components, Quickly Degrades, Squeals, Poor construction, Padding falls out
PROS: Very Solid, Sun Shield, Low wind resistance, great fit, Good venting, Really Good Air Flow, Great price, Comfort
PROS: Good fit and finish, Lightweight, Low Cost, Visors Function Well
CONS: Padding Moves Sometimes
The helmet does well on my neck after a longer while than some other heavier helmets do. The only downer was when I dropped it a good four feet off the ground, the plastic accent on the back side broke in a bit; not a total loss at all, but just my only gripe.
PROS: Vents Actually Work, Great Fit, Lightweight, Cool Design, Great Interior Visor
CONS: Weak Plastic Accents
1. Helmet squeals so loud after about a month of owning I can now longer wear it while riding above 50mph or I will get a head ache in just minutes. To bad this started after I have had it for awhile I could have returned it, now its just an expensive paper weight collecting dust.
2. The wind will constantly pull this helmet from side to side I have never had this happen to any of the other helmets I have worn, but it gets very annoying fast.
My advice if you are going to invest in something to help save your life get something a little more nice, my HJC, although not as stylish, worlds better and more than likely to save me in the event of an accident.
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|White/Silver/Black / XS||1135971||721802||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White/Silver/Black / SM||1135972||721803||Out of Stock:|
|White/Silver/Black / MD||1135973||721804||Out of Stock:|
|White/Silver/Black / LG||1135974||721805||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White/Silver/Black / XL||1135975||721806||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White/Silver/Black / 2XL||1135976||721807||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|