Scorpion EXO-T510 Helmet
The Scorpion EXO-510 Helmet packs features like Scorpion's AirFit inflatable cheek pad system, a KwikWick 2 liner, SpeedView drop down sun visor and massive ventilation into a helmet with an unbelievably low price tag.
- Premium polycarbonate shell is engineered to minimize weight and disperse impact
- EverClear No Fog face shield optically-clear with anti-scratch hardened coating and 100% UV protection
- SpeedView SunVisor with 3 positions setting also features EverClear anti-fog coating on all surfaces
- AirFit Liner Inflation System inflatable cheek pad system for superior personalized fit.
- KwikWick II Liner Fabric anti-microbial fabric keeps you cool and dry in warm weather, warm in cool weather and easily removable and washable
- Kwikfit cheek pads allow easy on and off of the most common styles of eye glasses
- Emergency Release System tabs located on the neck roll allow easy removal of the cheek pads by trained emergency medical personnel
- Ellip-Tec Ratchet System is the easy, Secure, tool-less face shield that changes in seconds and also pulls the shield back against the eyeport gasket during closing to ensure a proper seal
- Aero-Tuned Ventilation with four intake ports across the front of helmet force cool air in while one MEGA exhaust vents maximize movement of hot air out
- Face Shield Lock/Vent System securely locks shield in place or turn down the lever to allow light airflow into the helmet
- 5 year warranty
Note: Helmet ships with clear face shield.
Fit: (similar fit to Exo-400, Exo-410, Icon Airmada, Arai Signet-Q, Shoei GT-Air)
I was a bit nervous going into this purchase because I wasn't able to try it on before buying. I have a slightly longer head than your average person, so I often get the dreaded forehead hotspot.
The helmet fits great with a very slight pressure just above the forehead. Its not enough to hurt, but enough that I was aware of it my entire commute. I am confident that it will break in over time.
The helmet feels wider through the cheeks than others I've tried, but there are air bladders under the cheek pads that can be filled using a pump on the chin (kind of like the old Reebok pumps). The cheek pad pumps actually work great. I considered them a novelty at first, but after actually getting to try them out, I think they will see plenty of use. No word on durability yet.
The reason that I wanted this helmet was the drop down visor. 99% of my riding is commuting and I was tired of wearing sunglasses and changing out visors. The drop down tinted visor works great. Dark enough to ride directly into the sun and provides great coverage. You can also adjust how far you want it to drop down via a dial on the side of the helmet. The one drawback of the drop down visor is that it fogs, like a lot. I don't think there is any anti fog on it at all. Under 15 mph, be prepared for it.
The vents are all easy to open and close with gloves, have crisp movement and all feel very high quality. I was able to play with the vents on the highway and got a good feel for the airflow. The chin vent produces noticeable flow at just 25 mph, while the top vents didn't really kick in till about 50. Its hard to say how this helmet will do in the summer, but I would anticipate that it will provide enough air to keep your average commuter cool.
As I mentioned above, the cheek pad pumps do work very well and make the helmet easy to form to your face. This is a good thing because the helmet feels wider in the cheeks when the pump is deflated.
The helmet is loud... louder than I expected anyway. My old daily commuter was an Exo-400, and even with a GoPro mount and a Sena SMH10 (bluetooth) hanging off the side, I still think it was quieter than the T510. You don't necessarily get a whistle, but you do hear the woosh of air going around the helmet. I tried to move my head around a bit, but it was still there. Not a deal breaker for a commuter (my commute is only 20 minutes each way), but might be annoying for a long trip.
For the price, its the best helmet I have found with a drop down visor. Its comfortable, extremely well built and (in my opinion) a really good looking helmet. If, like me, you are looking for a good all around commuter that doesn't require you to change out shields every day, I'd say look no further.
I will try to keep up with the questions section on the helmet if anyone has something that wasn't covered in the review. Safe riding everyone.
PROS: price, Style, Comfort, Features
Just an all around poor product. I would avoid at all costs.
PROS: Style, Internal Visor
CONS: Quality, Fit And Finish, Noise
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Black / XS||1075198||T510032||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / SM||1075199||T510033||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / MD||1075200||T510034||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / LG||1075201||T510035||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / XL||1075202||T510036||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / 2XL||1075203||T510037||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Matte Black / XS||1075210||T510102||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Matte Black / SM||1075211||T510103||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Matte Black / MD||1075212||T510104||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Matte Black / LG||1075213||T510105||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Matte Black / XL||1075214||T510106||Out of Stock:|
|Matte Black / 2XL||1075215||T510107||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / XS||1075204||T510052||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / SM||1075205||T510053||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / MD||1075206||T510054||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / LG||1075207||T510055||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / XL||1075208||T510056||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|White / 2XL||1075209||T510057||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|