REV'IT Discovery OutDry Boots
The REVIT Discovery Boots are designed for motorcyclists who need the stability and safety of off-road boots, the features and user-friendliness of a tour boot and the comfort of a trekking boot. The Vibram Overland Sole provides grip, stability and control, and the added multi density EVA layer absorbs shock while the anatomic foot bed makes the boot extremely comfortable. The clever BOA closure significantly reduces the weight of the boot and makes for a perfect fit with the simple turn of a knob. The laminated OutDry membrane keeps feet dry and thermoformed reinforcements ensure the REVIT Discovery Out Dry Boots offer top notch protection without making any concessions to comfort.
- Outer Shell: suede leather (reinforced), full grain leather (reinforced), Cordura 500D (reinforced), rubber
- Waterproofing: OutDry
- Breathability: OutDry
- outer shell: 80% leather, 10% polyamide, 10% rubber
- sole: 100% synthetic rubber
- midsole: 100% polyamide
- lining: 90% polyamide, 10% silver yarn
- Protection: Seesoft protection at shin and tongue, rubber protection edge, thermoformed heel cup, thermoformed toe cap, injected ankle cup, thermoformed shin guard
- Visibility: reflection at heel
- Adjustability: BOA Closure System, adjustable hook and loop closure
- Features: multi-density EVA shock absorbing midsole, TPU heel stabilizer, rubber gear shift pad, anatomically shaped foot bed, polypropylene insole with integrated shank, anatomically shaped ankle cup, gusseted tongue, reinforced heel, reinforced toe, comfort collar, silver-ion antibacterial 3D mesh lining, easy entrance pull strap, replaceable Vibram Apex Sole
A few first critical impressions:
1) The toe box is moderate to generous in size, allowing for foot expansion on long rides, but the BOA fit must be VERY tight in order to limit forward foot slide. Because the BOA system doesn't allow independent adjustments along the boot like laces, buckles or straps, it's an all or nothing fit. I suppose this is why it didn't catch on 15 years ago. I prefer snug ankle support, but not my whole foot and calf.
2) the top of the boot materials are stitched together without a collar cover. Imagine looking at a sandwich from the sides. Not only is this an oversight in quality design, it's uncomfortable against my skin at the calf where the liner does not protect the leg from the other stiff outer materials. If I were not wearing high socks this would be, and has been, very distracting.
3) OutDry is a huge win here. Remember Goretex is a fragile membrane that tears with hiking and clogs easily with grime. I would also welcome a non barrier version for better ventilation and just treat the exterior boot myself.
4) the size/prophile and non-squeaky build are very nice.
5) lateral ankle protection is good but not great.
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Black / 38||1159260||FBR034101038||Out of Stock:|
|Black / 39||1159261||FBR034101039||Out of Stock:|
|Black / 40||1159262||FBR034101040||Only 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / 41||1159263||FBR034101041||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / 42||1159264||FBR034101042||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / 43||1159265||FBR034101043||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / 44||1159266||FBR034101044||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / 45||1159267||FBR034101045||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / 46||1159268||FBR034101046||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Black / 47||1159269||FBR034101047||Out of Stock:|