Icon Alliance GT Rubatone Helmet
Yes it’s back, the midnight creature called Alliance Dark, this time equipped with a Dropshield for easy getaways. Imagine how jealous your friends will be when they see you drop the shield and transform into a super hero from the future. Well we can’t guarantee the hero part, but at least you’ll look good trying.
The Alliance GT adds a little bit of Top Gun to the classic Icon Alliance Helmet. Anyone who rides every day is familiar with the two-shield two-step. A dark shield to block the glaring sun of the morning commute is swapped out for clear shield on the way back. The Alliance GT kills this do-si-do with one fell swoop; rather one swipe to drop down a tinted inner sun shield. Beyond this clear (tinted) upgrade, the Alliance GT features all of the perks of the proven Alliance ranging from great ventilation coupled with a moisture wicking interior lining to a DOT / ECE safety rating.
- Injection molded polycarbonate shell for strength and durability
- Includes Gold RST interchangeable internal DropShield
- Wind tunnel tested and refined
- Molded twin channel supervent for increased cooling
- Rear exhaust ports prevent heat buildup
- Removable molded breath deflector reduces shield fogging
- Chin venting system reduces shield fogging
- Fully removable/washable HydraDry interior
- Quick-change fog-free Proshield with side plates
- Prolock face shield locking system
- Long oval headform
- All world standard, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (EUROPE), SAI AS1698 (Australia) and SG (Japan) safety and testing standards. Does not ship with SAI or SG certification stickers unless purchased from an authorized dealer in that country
- the helmet is too tight for my ears, I have average size ears and the helmet is just squishing the life out them... in the beginning I thought it will "be broken" after a few rides, but it keeps bugging me after long rides to the point where my ears hurt. and oh yeh- forget about trying to fit BT speakers ( I tried..)
- the helmet presses on my forehead to the point that I can't ride over 45 min without pain. I have an oval head shape but never experienced this with any other helmet (been riding for 25 + years and many helmets)
- the yellow mirror coating on the sun visor came off after I tried cleaning a smashed bug off of it!
- the closing mechanism includes a small pin to keep the visor shut, it is hard to operate and sometimes requires holding the helmet with one hand and opening the visor with the other.
- good ventilation
- looks cool
I would not recommend this helmet to anyone... there are many great choices at this price point. I have to admit that for luck of better judgment, I fell for the cool "looks" of this helmet. Lesson learned
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Rubatone Black / XS||1090623||0101-8853||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Rubatone Black / SM||1090624||0101-8854||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Rubatone Black / MD||1090625||0101-8855||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Rubatone Black / LG||1090626||0101-8856||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Rubatone Black / XL||1090627||0101-8857||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Rubatone Black / 2XL||1090628||0101-8858||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Rubatone Black / 3XL||1090629||0101-8859||Available: Requires 1-3 business days of lead time prior to shipment|