Looking for something else?
- 30-Day Best Price Guaranteed
- Free Shipping Over $49
- No-Hassle ReturnsView Details
Dainese Tuono D-Air Perforated Leather Jacket
The Tuono D-Air Perf Jacket integrates the Dainese D-Air airbag system which is fully embedded in the garment, providing superior protection and optimal riding comfort. The Track-It system allows the racer to check main performance data like position, lean angle and speed.
The Dainese Tuono D-Air Perforated Jacket uses the Intelligent Protection System which combines a wireless air bag system with highly evolved microprocessor technology to increase the level of protection available to motorcyclists and covers the back, chest and neck. Internal sensors and a GPS signal distinguish the factors inherent in an accident and inflates the air bag, adding extra protection to the collarbones, shoulders, chest and back. GPS allows rider telemetry via USB port, including lap times, maximum speed and trajectory plotting with instantaneous speed and acceleration.
In the event of a violent crash, D-Air can trigger in less than 15 milliseconds. When the crash dynamics are less sudden, the sophisticated triggering algorithm assesses conditions and can decide upon a slightly longer triggering time. D-Air works in synergy with impact protectors, shielding the shoulders and collar bones in the rider's body. D-Air reduces the risk of direct helmet impact on the collar bones while limiting and reducing helmet movement during rolling. Protection is achieved without compromising the ergonomics and comfort of an aggressive-fit leather jacket.
Tests carried out in accordance with the current European standards for shoulder armor (EN 1621-1/97) show that D-Air protection reduces the force transferred by over 85% compared with traditional composite body armor. D-Air is the intelligent airbag-based protection for motorcyclists’ safety on the track.
The Dainese Tuono D-Air Jacket requires registration with Dainese. Due to the technical nature of the D-Air System, special care and maintenance is required. For example, the system must be overhauled every 5 years and air bag battery charged every 2 months. If the air bag is deployed, the jacket must be sent to Dainese for inspection and to reset the air bag. Owners of the jacket are responsible for any costs associated.
- Triggering algorithm and diagnostics managed by dedicated firmware
- Three accelerometers
- Three gyroscopes
- 4 Gigabyte internal memory
- LED user interface on right forearm
- Lithium polymer battery with approximately 8 hours of use when fully charged
- Dainese-patented 3D structure airbag
- High-pressure airbag with volume of 4 liters
- "Cold" technology gas generator
- Composite protectors certified to EN 1621.1 Level 2 standard on elbows
- Seamless aluminum plates on elbows
- Seamless aluminum plates on shoulders
- Soft protectors certified to EN 1621.1 standard Level 2 on shoulders
Ergonomics and Comfort:
- D-skin 2.0 full grain cowhide leather
- Perforated panels
- Air inlets on the sides
- NanoFeel liner with inserts in 3D Bubble air spaces fabric
- Jacket-to-pants fastening system
- Lengthened back
- Medium aerodynamic spoiler
- Microelastic 2.0
- Racing-cut collar
- Tri-axial elasticated insert on the back
- Waist adjustment
- 1 inner pocket
- 2 outer pockets on front
- Reflective inserts
- Replaceable Slider System 2.0: quickly releasable elbow sliders
- Soft inserts
|Product Style||Item #||Store SKU||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Black/White/Fluo Red / 58||Item # 1326455||Store SKU||Manufacturer Product # 1D20020N3258||Availability Only 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|