Dainese D-Air Misano Perforated Race Suit
The Dainese D Air Misano racesuit is the first of it's kind from the Italian marque, integrating microprocessor technology, internal GPS sensors to trigger an air bag that expands around the neck and shoulders to prevent serious injury during a crash. Accessible via USB and a downloadable 3rd part application, the GPS data allows access to rider telemetry, including lap times, maximum speed and trajectory plotting with instantaneous speed and acceleration. All the electronic components are housed within the Misano's speed hump.
Deployable in a mere 15 milliseconds, the sophisticated triggering algorithm assesses conditions and can decide upon a slightly longer triggering time depending on the crash dynamics. Working in concert with the race suit's other protective features, the D-Air system prevents helmet contact with collar bones and limits helmet movement during rolling. The inflatable design means ergonomics and comfort in the suit are not sacrificed.
Tests carried out in accordance with the current European standards for shoulder armor (EN 1621-1/97) show that D-air protection reduces the force transferred by over 85% compared with traditional composite body armor. D-air is the intelligent airbag-based protection for motorcyclists’ safety on the track.
The Dainese D-Air Misano suit requires registration with Dainese. Due to the technical nature of the D-Air System, special care and maintenance is required. For example, the suit must be overhauled every 5 years and air bag battery charged every 2 months. If the air bag is deployed, the suit must be sent to Dainese for inspection and to reset the air bag. Owners of the suit are responsible for any costs associated.
- Triggering algorithm and diagnostics managed by dedicated firmware
- Three accelerometers
- Three gyroscopes
- 4 Gigabyte internal memory
- LED user interface on right forearm
- Lithium polymer battery with approximately 8 hours of use when fully charged
- Dainese-patented 3D structure airbag
- High-pressure airbag with volume of 4 liters
- "Cold" technology gas generator
- D-Skin 2.0 leather, S1 fabric
- Suit certified to CE Cat II - 89/686/EEC Directive
- Back protector
- Composite protectors
- Pro Shape soft protectors at sides
- Aluminum inserts on shoulders
- Titanium inserts on elbows
- Bi-axial elastic insert system
- Microelastic elasticated inserts
- Double calf zip
- Suit-to-boot fastening system
- Aerodynamic spoiler
- NanoFeel removable sanitized liner
Note: No telemetry downloading software CD is included as indicated by instructions, the software is available for download from 2D-Datarecording.
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|44 / White/Fluo Red/Black||1054377||/1D10016-U25-44||Only 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|50 / White/Fluo Red/Black||1054380||/1D10016-U25-50||Out of Stock|