Looking for something else?
Ships Free to Cycle Gear Stores!
The Cycle Gear Difference
- 30-Day Best Price Guaranteed
- Free Shipping Over $49
- No-Hassle Returns View Details
Shape: Intermediate Oval
Weight: 3.55 lbs.What's this?
Arai Corsair X Nakasuga 2 Helmet
The Corsair-X Helmet represents the culmination of Arai's vast experience in helmet design and unwavering focus on rider protection. And with features like the ingenious VAS shield mechanism, dramatically improved air flow and ventilation and an odor resistant liner, the Corsair-X has certainly earned its place as Arai's flagship model. The Corsair X Type 12 air diffusers are longer than the Corsair V and are straightened for improved aerodynamics, working together with the AirWing to improve stability, and creating a 19% gain in efficiency. The Arai Corsair X Helmet features a chin curtain that helps to block air intrusion from the air underneath the helmet, as well as increases negative pressure to enhance the exhaust ventilation performance. The interior lining includes Arai's signature 5mm peel away ear pocket padding and ear pocket recess to accommodate communicator speakers.
Normally the shield mounting position must remain relatively high, because a lower shield pivot will not allow the shield to open or close. The VAS (Variable Axis System) has a variable axis (moving pivot point). This allows shield opening and closing even with the 24mm lower shield mount position, compared to the Corsair V. The Corsair X helmet shell is constructed from Super Fiber and other special synthetic fibers developed for F-1 helmet visor panels, assembled and bonded by Arai experts. A specially-developed resin creates stronger bonds between shell materials with less weight.
- VAS (Variable Axis System) shield and side pods are exclusive to the Arai Corsair X Helmet
- Dual function lever releases both the side pod and the face shield for quick and simple face shield removal
- VAS shield latch system captures and holds the face shield closed and provides a de-mist position to slightly crack the shield open
- VAS MAX Vision face shield provides excellent visibility in all seasons thanks to the included Pinlock insert
- Air intake vents are extremely adjustable and have three positions (closed, half open and fully open) to create a tight seal to decrease wind noise and water intrusion
- Neckroll is removable and has additional exhaust channels to remove interior heat
- Odor resistant liner with adjustable temple padding
- Odor resistant cheek pads have the Emergency Release Tab feature
- IC Duct5 forehead vent provides 11% more airflow than the Corsair V, features 3 positions and is overall large and easy to operate with gloves
- PB SNC2 Shell has superb tensile strength due to a variety of carefully-positioned materials and light weight resin
- Arai's R75 shell shape creates a rounder, smoother helmet to enhance energy and impact dispersion
- Includes clear Pinlock insert lens
- Snell 2020 and DOT approved
|Product Style||Item #||Store SKU||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Blue / XS||Item # 1781080||Store SKU 400986||Manufacturer Product # 685311169570/885677||Availability Out of Stock|
|Product Style Blue / SM||Item # 1781081||Store SKU 400987||Manufacturer Product # 685311169587/885678||Availability Out of Stock|
|Product Style Blue / MD||Item # 1781082||Store SKU 400988||Manufacturer Product # 685311169594/885679||Availability Out of Stock|
|Product Style Blue / LG||Item # 1781083||Store SKU 400989||Manufacturer Product # 685311169600/885680||Availability Out of Stock|
|Product Style Blue / XL||Item # 1781084||Store SKU 400990||Manufacturer Product # 685311169617/885681||Availability Out of Stock|
|Product Style Blue / 2XL||Item # 1781085||Store SKU 400991||Manufacturer Product # 685311169624/885682||Availability Only 3 Left: Ships within 24 hours|