Looking for something else?
- 30-Day Best Price Guaranteed
- Free Shipping Over $49
- No-Hassle Returns View Details
AGV Pista GP RR Winter Test 2005 Helmet
The Winter Test 2005 Helmet is a fun one. The graphic pays homage to none other than Dash powdered laundry detergent. The popular Italian soap brand that touted "Dash: It doesn't get any whiter." was given the Rossi touch to instead read "Rossi: It doesn't get any better."
The statement was hard to argue. In the first race of his rookie season with Yamaha, Rossi won. The achievement made him the first rider in MotoGP history to win consecutive races (2003 and 2004 seasons, respectively) on two different manufacturers' bikes. The Doctor handily clinched the 2004 championship at Phillip Island with an entire race left to go. The 2005 season was shaping up to be even more successful and the anticipation was immense. His popularity was taking Italy by storm. In an amusing stretch of logic, Valentino wanted a helmet to celebrate how television brought his name and his racing style into so many Italian households. The laundry soap Dash had followed a similar rise to popularity, crediting TV for its huge, fast-paced success. Putting two and two together, a helmet graphic was born.
Only 2,005 units of the Pista GP RR Winter Test 2005 Helmet will be produced. Helmet number 46 will go to Rossi for his private collection. The helmet meets FIM Racing homologation standards so it is suitable to protect the best professional racers in the world. Per FIM regulations, the helmet minimizes rotational acceleration from glancing impacts. Its carbon fiber shell provides lightweight protection and energy dispersal, while its unique shape allows it to be stable at high speeds as well as vent well. Four different shell sizes provide a nearly tailored fit for your head circumference so you can avoid the bobble head look. A fully integrated hydration system keeps you from getting parched during those hot track days. A specially designed eye port with face shield makes sure you have the optimal view of the track even when fully tucked throttling onto the back straight. AGV's patented Visor Lock System (VLS) securely holds the face shield to avoid it inadvertently opening in a crash. If you are the type of rider that requires the best, the AGV Pista GP RR Helmet should be protecting your head at your next track day.
On the back of the Winter Test 2005 Helmet you will find "care instructions". Procter & Gamble's got nothing on this lid.
- 100% Carbon Fiber Shell
- 4 Shell Sizes
- 5 Density EPS structure in 4 sizes
- Shell and EPS designed to minimize rotational accelerations per FIM regulations
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with 5 large front metal air vents and 2 rear extractors hollowed in the shell
- Vents covers included
- Fully removable MotoGP developed integrated hydration system with internal channels engineered for smooth tube placement and drinking valve placed inside the chin of the helmet for a constant and smooth hydration during riding
- Class Optic 1 visor with 100% Max Vision Pinlock® (120) anti-fog technology is designed for maximum vertical view on racing position (85°) and unmatched horizontal view (190°)
- Anti-scratch, tear-off ready Race 3 face shield (tear-off kit included)
- Visor thickness is from 4 to 5 mm, increasing face and eye protection
- Internal chin channels distribute the airflow evenly through the entire visor surface
- Patented Visor Lock System (VLS) reduces the risk of the face shield accidentally opening in case of a crash
- Exclusive metal visor mechanism in metal with roto-translation movement achieves total sealing between visor and shell
- Tool-free rapid visor release system allows the visor to be removed and replaced in seconds
- MotoGP-developed removable, washable interior padding
- Neck Roll made with 2-way stretch breathable fabric with Nabuk inserts
- Cheek pads made with soft Shalimar fabric with Sanitized antibacterial protection, 2Dry moisture wicking and Microsense treatment
- Patented cheek pads safety release system, engineered to remove conveniently cheek pads in case of accident.
- Crown liner made with elastic microfiber with Sanitized antibacterial protection, 2Dry moisture wicking and Microsense treatment
- Patented crown structure allows riders to optimize fit and select helmet height positioning on the top of the head
- Removable nose guard and wind protector
- Titanium Double D retention system
|Product Style||Item #||Store SKU||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Product Style XS / Blue/White/Orange||Item # 1811938||Store SKU||Manufacturer Product # 6031D9MY-006-XS||Availability Available: Requires 6-8 weeks of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style SM / Blue/White/Orange||Item # 1811939||Store SKU||Manufacturer Product # 6031D9MY-006-S||Availability In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style MS / Blue/White/Orange||Item # 1811940||Store SKU||Manufacturer Product # 6031D9MY-006-MS||Availability In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style ML / Blue/White/Orange||Item # 1811941||Store SKU||Manufacturer Product # 6031D9MY-006-ML||Availability In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style LG / Blue/White/Orange||Item # 1811942||Store SKU||Manufacturer Product # 6031D9MY-006-L||Availability In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style XL / Blue/White/Orange||Item # 1811943||Store SKU||Manufacturer Product # 6031D9MY-006-XL||Availability In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style 2XL / Blue/White/Orange||Item # 1811944||Store SKU||Manufacturer Product # 6031D9MY-006-XXL||Availability In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|