6D Youth ATR-1Y Chaos Helmet
A true breakthrough in helmet technology, the 6D ATR-1 off-road helmet incorporates revolutionary Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) technology which is a patent-pending kinetic energy management solution. We haven't seen anything like this before, but preliminary results show a dramatic reduction in low-threshold energy transfer for 6D Helmets.
ODS is designed to protect your brain over a broader range of impact energy, particularly low–threshold energy prevalent in most accidents. Low-threshold impact energy is the primary cause of concussion and second impact syndrome. Independent laboratory testing also confirms a significant reduction in angular acceleration energy with ODS. Angular acceleration is the primary cause of rotational brain injury, which is a potentially deadly and life-changing impairment.
The improved performance of 6D’s exclusive ODS technology can reduce the likelihood and propensity of concussion over traditional helmet designs. Although no helmet can protect you from all potential impacts or injury, the 6D ATR-1 was engineered to provide active free-motion capability within the helmet’s protective liner and exceed current relevant helmet standards.
The ATR-1's exclusive Air Gap cooling system incorporates 13 interior transfer ports, 8 intake ports, and 5 exhaust ports. The amount of time and energy devoted to moving air through 6D Helmets is second to none. Extensive front-to-back ventilation channels are fed by 3 large upper eyeport intake ports and 2 aggressive brow intake ports. These intake ports combined with chin bar vent openings channel cool air into the ATR-1’s air gap flushing hot air and moisture out the rear of the helmet.
- Exclusive Shane Rossi graphic
- ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension) Technology Air-Gap Technology
- Shell made from advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fiberglass and Kevlar
- Large eyeport opening
- Removable contoured roost guard
- Integrated traction posts at the eyeport
- Rear Delta vent evacuates air by creating a low-pressure venturi effect
- Clavicle cut-away reduces both mass and weight, while providing increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength
- Fully compatible with all neck braces
- Titanium “D” rings and chin strap rivets
- Removable and washable comfort liner made from CoolMax anti-bacterial fabric
- Emergency release cheek pads
- Sternum pad provides a progressive surface for added protection of the chin, jaw and sternum in the event of an accident
- Shear-away visor screws
- Stainless steel screens protect all shell openings
- Exclusive 6D graphics
- Comes with deluxe 6D Works Helmet Bag
- Weight: +/- 1,490 grams
- 3-year limited warranty
- Exceeds DOT and ECE standards
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Blue / YTH SM||957142||110720||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Blue / YTH MD||957143||110721||Only 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Blue / YTH LG||957144||110722||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|