Garmin Zumo 395LM Motorcycle GPS
Featuring Garmin Adventurous Routing options for those twisty, hilly, terrain-hugging rides you love — plus a bright, glove-friendly 4.3-inch touchscreen that is easy to read and intuitive to use — zūmo 395LM is the navigator “built to thrill.” Sync your zūmo with a compatible smartphone² and a Bluetooth-enabled compatible headset or helmet (sold separately), and you can make and receive wireless calls without having to remove your gloves or helmet. Safely stow your phone in a pocket or saddlebag, and still have the benefit of hands-free calling without diverting your attention from the road. Want to take your own soundtrack along for the ride? Your zūmo also lets you control music and media from a compatible MP3 player or smartphone, right on your touchscreen display.
To enhance road awareness and encourage a safer ride, zūmo 395LM provides helpful alerts for sharp curves ahead, speed changes, railroad and animal crossings, school zones and more. Additionally, you’re notified when you need to check state helmet laws — or when you’re about to drive the wrong way on a one-way street. You also receive alerts for nearby red light and speed cameras¹. Plus, for longer rides, a fatigue warning4 will even suggest break times and potential rest areas worth considering after hours on the road. The zūmo Up Ahead feature lets you easily see places of interest and milestones along your route, without leaving the map view on your navigation display. Plus, Easy Route Shaping lets you add a point on the map to adjust your route, so you can ride through preferred areas or follow specific roads.
A built-in trip computer with digital fuel gauge comes standard with your zūmo 395LM. So it’s easy to estimate how many miles you can ride before you’ll be running on empty. Dynamic fuel stop alerts actually prompt you when it’s time to refuel and even provide gas station location options. A helpful speed limit indicator lets you know when it’s time to throttle down. Plus, a digital compass display and a database of motorcycle-specific points of interest (POIs) are on hand to help you locate cycle repair services, dealers and more. There’s also a Service History Log on your zūmo to help you keep track of service dates, mileage and performed maintenance on your bike.
Garmin Real Directions on the zūmo 395LM virtually redefine the concept of “spoken turn-by-turn directions.” In addition to speaking street names, your zūmo offers guidance using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights (e.g., “Turn right after the red building”). And thanks to Foursquare data, zūmo is preloaded with millions of new and popular places to explore. In addition, the Garmin Direct Access feature helps simplify your navigation to select complex destinations, like malls and airports, by providing detailed location information once you reach the recommended entrance. For example, “Arriving at Woodfield Mall. Foot Locker is inside, on level two.”
zūmo 395LM includes free map updates for the useful life of your device, so routes reflect the most up-to-date points of interest and maps available. Lane assist with junction view displays junctions and interchanges on your route to ease navigation through complex transitions. A brightly colored arrow on the zūmo display indicates the proper lane position needed for your next turn or exit. There’s also a TracBack feature on zūmo that allows you to navigate the same route, in reverse, for your return trip. For added protection on the road, zūmo 395LM is compatible with the Garmin Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor (TPMS, sold separately). One TPMS is required for each tire and will work with metal valve stems only. TPMS uses wireless technology to transmit the tire pressure data, letting you view it in real time right on your zūmo display.
To record the highlights of your ride, zūmo 395LM is compatible with the Garmin VIRB series of HD action cameras (sold separately). Remotely control VIRB – start and stop recording – all from from your zūmo display. It’s easy and fun to record and relive every adventure. Use Garmin Express to keep your zūmo 395LM up to date. Garmin Express makes it easy to update maps and software, transfer favorites to and from devices and install free custom vehicles and voices. Plus, for added versatility, your zūmo 395LM also comes with an automotive mount and power cable — in addition to its motorcycle mount — so you can use it on the vehicles you drive, as well as on the ones you ride.
- Glove-friendly, sunlight-readable 4.3-inch touchscreen display; resistant to fuel vapors, UV rays, harsh weather (IPX7)
- Garmin Adventurous Routing finds curvy or hilly roads; limits major highways
- Rider alerts for sharp curves, state helmet laws, speed cameras¹ and more
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling
- Control music from MP3 player or smartphone right on zūmo display
- Physical dimensions: 5.12"W x 3.7"H x 1.18"D (13.0 x 9.4 x 3.0 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 3.7"W x 2.2"H (9.4 x 5.6 cm); 4.3" diag (10.9 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 480 x 272 pixels
- Display type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Weight: 9.5 ounces (270 g)
- Battery life up to 7 hours
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Headphone jack/audio line-out
- Preloaded street maps
- Includes lifetime map updates
- nüMaps Guarantee
- Built-in internal solid state memory
- Accepts microSD data cards
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)
- Ability to save 1000 waypoints/favorites/locations
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.")
- Lane assist (guides to proper lane for navigation)
- Junction view (displays junction signs)
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.)
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe)
- View upcoming points of interest along route
- MP3 player
- Garmin Adventurous Routing
- Rider Alerts
- Helmet Law Notifications
- Trip Planner
- Trip Log
- Wireless ANT+ technology
- Tire pressure monitor system compatible (individual sensors sold separately)
- Power supplied to device power cable should be capable of up 12V (typical) and up to 1A, zūmo device power consumption is 5V/2A
I been useing a Garmin Dezl 770LMT For years in my semi truck without any issues, so sticking to Garmin was a no brainer. Extremely easy to use and very reliable.
The kit comes with everything you will need to install on most bikes, except the spyder. The mount I used was a Lamonster SpyderDock with the 12v plug and a USB insert.
Install was pretty easy. With pulling all the plastics on the right side and running all the wires it took about two hours. Installing on a regular cruiser or sport bike should only take around 1 hour.
A couple items that the 395LM comes with that the product details doesnt list which could have been helpfull with a purchase.
Quick disconnect cradle
Mounting plate with 1"Ram ball
Short 1" Ram ball arm
Direct to battery harness
Cig lighter plug charger
Handelbar mount with u-bolt
This is a great easy to use GPS with a pretty good price. The menu is easy to read and very straight forward. You can select curves, hills or highways very easily.
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Garmin Zumo 395LM Motorcycle GPS||1121438||9891384||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|