Cardo Pack Talk BOLD Bluetooth Headset
Speak and Pack Talk BOLD listens. Menu navigation experienced with everyday riding is handled through Cardo's Natural Voice Operation system. "Hey Cardo, music on", "Hey Cardo, next track", "Hey Cardo, mute audio"; keep your hands on your bars where they belong with Pack Talk BOLD.
This is the headset communicator to get if you are, as the name suggests, riding in a large pack. It isn't fair to just call it a Bluetooth communicator though. The Pack Talk uses Bluetooth in conjunction with Cardo's own proprietary wireless platform, the Dynamic Meshwork Communication, to deliver exceptional clarity and a staggering line of sight range: up to 1 mile unit-to-unit and up to 5 miles when maintaining less than 1 mile between riders.
The PackTalk features high-definition quality sound and setup is a breeze thanks to an Android/iOS compatible App. The Cardo Smartset App allows you to configure riding partners and set preferences using an intuitive step-by-step menu on your phone in front of you instead of listening to prompts and futzing with buttons on the device itself.
With intuitive menu operations and the ability to easily sync up with friends the PackTalk is the ideal device for riding stag or rolling deep.
- DMC Intercom mode for multi-party intercom calls over a virtual private network – with up to 15 riders
- IP67 Waterproof and dustproof
- Bluetooth 4.1
Bluetooth Intercom modes:
- Conference Mode
- Toggling between 9 riders
Communication range (line of sight)
- Up to 1 mile/1.6 Km unit-to-unit
- Up to 5 miles/8 Km multi-hop
- Unique roller-wheel interface and control panel for intuitive operation (winter gloves tested)
- Interchangeable hybrid and corded microphones
- Superb audio quality with high-definition replaceable 40mm speakers
- Digital sound processing for audio performance
- Up to 13 hours talk-time / 1 week stand-by
- Advanced voice recognition technology for true hands-free operation
- Multilingual operation and spoken status announcements
- High quality A2DP steaming
- FM radio with RDS and six station built-in presets
- DMC-Dynamic Meshwork Communication (patent pending) technology for large group intercom (at least 10 riders) over a dynamic, auto-adaptive mesh
- Seamless group communication remains unaffected by members leaving or joining the group
- Voice-controlled speed dial
- Voice-control for mobile and intercom calls
- Automatic call transfer from intercom to mobile phone when intercom range is exceeded
- Mobile phone conference call with outside caller and/or intercom partners
- Customizable Hot-Dial number
- GPS instructions, FM radio, MP3 music continues in background during intercom calls
- Rider and passenger can listen to the same stereo music via A2DP
- Best-in-class noise-cancellation algorithms
- Self-adjusting volume according to riding speed and ambient noise
- Cardo Community platform for social features, device customization and software upgrades (range dependent on riding environment)
The first 2 weeks of having the product was great. Easy to install, use and has decent sound.
The trouble started when the power port came sliding out of the headset when trying to disconnect from power. I've had my share of electronic devices and have not had this happen.
Little did I know I wasn't getting my unit back for over 8 weeks.
I set up the warranty process. Seems easy and straight forward. Got a shipping address and sent it in, having to cover shipping cost myself. I was told when they received the item they would ship out a replacement and it should only take 10-14 business days. Fine no problem, I'll miss out on the item no more then a few weeks. .
I wait 2 weeks (10 Business days) to check back in with Cardo as I hadn't received the replacement. I was hoping to get a tracking number to be ready to accept delivery and not have it snatched from my porch.
No response... Emailed back after 4 more business days.... No reply. Sent another email after another 5 days. Finally 4 weeks from when I sent it in, to get a reply of "Let me make a few calls on this. I know that we were waiting for some replacements to make it in the country, but we should have them by now. But let me confirm. Sorry for the delay".
After not hearing back 2 more days after his response, I send another email for an update.
The following day I finally get a response to find out from Cardo's unhelpful rep Gary "I just got word that our replacement units are basically on back order. Well, really they are on order, if that makes any sense".
Whatever that means! At this point I am frustrated and just want an answer when to expect the unit. I don't need to know what words they use to define not having parts available.
After another 4 weeks of silence from Cardo. I finally get a tracking number! Just 1 more week of waiting before I can talk in my helmet again.
Maybe this time it wont fall apart.
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Cardo PackTalk BOLD Headset||1298592||SRPT2002/828831841292||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|