Cardo Freecom 2 Single Headset
The Cardo Freecom 2 is a flat-plate rider to passenger intercom communication system. With the intuitive Smartset app, you can control your Cardo Freecom communicator from your iPhone or Android with some of the most seamless phone integration functionality the moto-world has seen in a Bluetooth headset.
- Intercom communication between passenger and rider
- 2 Bluetooth channels to connect with phone/GPS devices
- Click-to-link for spontaneous intercom conversations
- Phone features include make/receive/reject calls, speed dial, conference call with intercom
- Stereo Bluetooth (A2PD) for wireless music streaming with music sharing between rider and passenger
- Built-in FM radio with RDS and radio sharing
- Parallel audio streaming so music and GPS instructions continue during intercom calls
- Customizable voice control technology (VOX)
- Customizable speaker volume (through AGC) for different ambient noise levels
- Cardo Smartset app compatible with iOS and Android
- Customize setting and software updates through Cardo community
- Multilingual setting menu and voice announcements
- Interchangeable hybrid and corded microphones
- Slim HD replaceable 40mm stereo speakers
- IP67 waterproof and dustproof
- Up to 10 hours talk time
- Bluetooth 4.1
-Genuinely waterproof, I ride in all weather and can confirm in no uncertain terms that it will go for hours in a heavy downpour at freeway speeds without a fuss.
-Plenty of mounting hardware to fit all kinds of helmets, including two mic styles.
-Reasonably good sound quality when properly mounted, though not audiophile level.
-Solid mic with good background noise filtering.
-Long battery life.
-Strong signal to both phone and passenger.
-Can share music with passenger.
-The rider/passenger link goes into standby after 30s of silence. Good for battery life but I find it annoying. Have to say something to wake it up and then speak to other person. At least it lets you know when it goes into standby with a beep.
-A couple months ago when I got the first unit, the software was garbage. The app didn't work on Android and the device had an update but it wouldn't install via a Windows 10 PC. Both issues are now resolved, but it is worth mentioning, especially since a lot of reviews reference those early problems, including one I wrote at Revzilla when I bought the first unit. The situation is much improved now. I really have nothing bad to say about it other than the sleep function, which is a matter of preference.
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Cardo Freecom 2 Headset||1190077||FRC20002||In Stock: Ships next business day|