Butler Motorcycle Maps Northern California
This second edition map covers the area from the Oregon boarder south to roughly the city of Santa Cruz on the Pacific Coast. The Butler team rode over 30,000 miles to document and rate the roads you will see highlighted on this map. In addition to the best paved segments there is also a hand picked selection of their favorite dual-sport roads. This one also features Paved Mountain Trails are those rough and crumbling excuses for a paved road that can make you beg for the freeway or laugh for miles depending on the type of bike your are on. Look for the little green triangles on the map that point these out and don’t say we didn’t warn you, or thank us that we did.
77 Routes. As riders we constantly search for the perfect road. We seek that fleeting moment where everything fits perfectly together. The rhythmic hum of the motor, the dramatic vistas that overwhelm our senses and the one of a kind road that ties it all together. We search for G1. Steep climbs, tight switchbacks, deep canyons and million dollar views. These roads have an undeniable appeal that set them apart from everything else.
There are no stoplights or shopping malls here. G2 roads energetically flow from corner to corner gently bobbing and weaving. They meander past lakes, criss cross forests and provide an expereince you cant get on the freeway. Keep your head up. G2s can have fast sweepers, elevation change, tight corners and everything in between.
G3 is not your average road. All though these stretches of tarmac require the fewest criteria to make the list , don't be fooled. G3 roads are twisty and exciting. Ditch the traffic and head toward a stretch of orange. You won't regret it.
Paved Mountain Trail Rides
Not all roads were meant to be paved - some got paved anyway. Stuck between the dust of a dirt road and the smooth asphalt of a paved one lies the Paved Mt Trail. These roads have stood the test of time fighting for space among dense forest and cliff sides. Their fragile surface crumbling as they succumb to the rugged terrain they divide. Finding space for two cars to pass can be hard. Finding enjoyment on a bike: easy.
Design Your Ride in Minutes
A Butler Map does more than just point out the best roads. They make it easy to plan your trip with a host of features built just for riders. Turn to the back of the map for detailed information on every G1 road recommended. There are elevation profiles, climate guides, motorcycle shop lists and even QR codes to link you to valuable information like where to sleep, where to eat or what to see when you're not on the bike.
- Waterproof / Tear Resistant: The road can be tough on your gear. Butler Maps are designed to withstand abuse
- Packs Easily: Each Butler Map folds to 4.25” x 9” to easily fit in tank and tail bags. Butler Maps can be folded to fit within map cases
- Highlighted Rides for Easy Reference: The best rides in the state are detailed in easy-to-read, highlighted segments. GPS waypoints are provided for G1 rides
- QR Codes: Use a smart phone? Scan one of the QR codes to link to useful information while you're out on the road. Videos of recommended rides, biker gatherings, road conditions and much more is a scan away
- Expanded Views of G1 Rides: G1 rides are numbered and enlarged for your convenience. The expanded views of G1 rides are placed on a dedicated portion of the map
- Mobile Tour Guide: So you've ticked off five G1 rides, and your butt is tired. Now what? Whether you need a beer, a bed or some BBQ it can all be found in the Mobile Tour Guide. Search by town, search by category or search based on the biker deals waiting for you. Everything you need in one spot
- Dual Sport Roads: Had enough of the pavement? Try some dirt! Recommended Dual-Sport roads are moderate rides picked for spectacular scenery, remote locations and link-ability to the best paved roads
- Shop Directory: Broke down? Need a jacket for that unexpected spring storm? Every shop in the state is listed by town to get you back on the road as quickly as possible
- Elevation Profiles: One of the dominating features of the G1 rides is elevation change. Get a sense for exactly how much ducking and diving you're in for by referring to a detailed elevation graph
- Climate Guides: Nothing ruins a good day of riding like a freak storm. Check out the climate guide for general information on seasonal weather or scan the weather QR code for up-to-the-minute conditions
|Product Style||Item #||Manufacturer Product #||Availability|
|Butler Maps Northern California||890174||NORCALG1||In Stock: Ships within 24 hours|