About The Product
The Alpinestars Tech 10 is an amazing boot.
Several key objectives became apparent to the development team working on the Tech 10. The first was to improve the performance of the boot's safety structure. Other Alpinestars boots have ankle protection and support built inside their construction. To improve on the concept, bringing protection closer to the body, a new inner brace was developed.
Having discarded the use of a single-hinge boot system - a concept Alpinestars had developed and patented designs for in the mid-80's, but never adopted because of excessive stress put on the knees - a revolutionary solution was developed. Using some of the lessons learned in the company's roadracing program, where the Alpinestars Supertech boot leads the way with its unique torsion-bar ankle support, the new MX brace features a patented double-hinged assembly. However, the Tech 10 brace shares no common components with the Supertech version, besides the hard-compound torsion bars, which have been designed specifically to cope with the particular demands of MX riding.
By following the natural movements of the foot and ankle, the double-hinge joint allows upper and lower protective structures to protect the ankle and heel, while giving complete freedom, flexibility, and feel to the rider with no constraint until the point of overextension.
To further lessen stresses put on the knee, another important concern, a replaceable softer-material inner bar is included with the Tech 10. This allows the rider to customize the degree of ankle control and therefore the amount of possible stress transmitted to the knees when the boot gets into, say, a deep rut. The system also minimizes the chances of sprains and twists, while also protecting the ankle from lateral impacts.
The Tech 10 is comfortable to wear, extremely strong and stable, and, crucially, lightweight. You'll have to try this boot on with a thin sock to fully appreciate the fit and comfort.
Revolutionary development concepts have produced the most streamlined, balanced and protective MX boot yet to hit the market: the Alpinestars Tech 10.
Features and Benefits
- Polyurethane (PU) guards the toes, foot, heel, ankle, calf, and shin, while extra-hard compounds protect the toe-box, heel, and Achilles tendon
- Lightweight upper combines full-grain leather with impact- and abrasion-resistant PU shell for unmatched levels of safety
- Innovative biomechanical inner bootie provides the ultimate level of support and safety
- Torsion bars control ankle and leg rotation, while allowing freedom of movement
- Outer side of the boot features anti-torsion PU panel on the ankle for flexibility and support
- Innovative PU spine protects the heel, controls flex, and features a hyperextension guard
- Bootie structure features PU protection and shock-absorbing padding on the heel and ankles
- Sole provides superior durability, grip, and feel, plus a high level of structural rigidity
Comfort White model features an airflow ventilation system
- Revolutionary external structure features an ultra-low-profile design to minimize weight at the lower section of the boot
- Upper designed for controlled flexibility, streamlined profile, and superior grip against the bike
- Advanced closure system features 3 buckles made from technopolymer and aluminum for easy adjustability with a precise, secure, and streamlined fit
- Buckles feature memory, a quick-release/-locking system, and a self-aligning design for easy and precise closure
- Buckle system works in conjunction with the entire internal structure to provide excellent support and flexibility
- Inner side of the boot is designed for maximum grip against the bike from top to bottom and features PU panels for heat and abrasion resistance
- Ultra-comfortable and precision-fit interior features new poly-fabric lining with open-cell foam and a shock-absorbing shin pad
- New and exclusive dual-compound sole is seamlessly integrated to the multi-density footbase structure with built-in support
- Perforated bootie has an ultrathin, flexible forefoot area for increased feeling of the controls
- Bootie is washable and replaceable
- New form-fitting PU gasket seals water out of the boot
About The Brand
Since 1965 Alpinestars has infused Italian styling into all of their protective apparel making motorcycle gear for world champions and riders that are passionate about the sport. Alpinestars has a full line of leather jackets, pants, gloves, boots, and suits that are perfect for the street rider, track rider, and racer. If textile is more your style, they have you covered with an assortment of mesh gear for the summer and Gore-Tex™ waterproof apparel for the winter months. Alpinestars off-road boots, neck braces, and body armor set a standard that other brands strive to meet. Whatever you ride Alpinestars has something for you, and as Cycle Gear is America's largest dealer of Alpinestars motorcycle apparel why would you look anywhere else?