About The Product
Sport-touring riders constitute a very experienced and savvy sector of the motorcycling scene, and they continue to place a premium on multiple tire expectations: Outstanding wet-weather performance, linear and responsive handling traits, traction characteristics on par with sport tires and extended tread life - all in one tire. All of these qualities were present in the popular first-generation Roadsmart, and now these virtues have been elevated in the new Roadsmart II to create a higher level of performance for the long-haul crowd. Immediately evident is the new tread pattern on both front and rear Roadsmart II tires. The front tire still incorporates Dunlop's readily recognized cosecant-curve groove pattern. The shape and placement of these grooves are newly designed to promote even tire wear up front, and they also stiffen the pattern for reduced tire squirm and extended tire life. Additional grooves also help improve wet-weather performance thanks to a greater sea-to-land ratio that helps promote water dispersion.
Features and Benefits
- New tread rubber compounds include silica to help deliver impressive performance in wet conditions while also extending wear
- New cosecant-curve tread pattern helps promote even tire wear and stiffens the pattern for reduced tire squirm and extended tire longevity
- Increased tread depth further promotes water channeling while also extending tire mileage
- MT Multi-Tread rear tire incorporates a long-wearing compound in the center of the tire tread and a lateral-grip compound on each shoulder to enhance cornering performance and provide class-leading grip and feel
- Intuitive Response Profile (IRP) intuitively allows greater latitude in line choice while cornering and provides remarkably linear steering at various lean angles, and puts down a bigger footprint at extreme lean angles, for enhanced grip and handling
About The Brand
Motorcyclists the world over recognize the name Dunlop®-and for good reason. With extensive global resources and a commitment to racing disciplines worldwide, Dunlop draws on a vast and ever-evolving body of design knowledge and hard-won experience to develop innovative motorcycle tire technology. Much of this technology makes its way to you, whether you ride on the track, street or simply head out for a weekend off-road adventure. Additionally, Dunlop maintains extensive development and manufacturing capabilities in the US focused on developing groundbreaking new products for our customers. The Dunlop advantage encompasses many benefits including innovations such as Multi-Tread design, Response Profile Technology, and the innovative off-road Geomax Reinforced Pattern that helped win every AMA Motocross and Supercross race in 2010. Dunlop. Accelerate Your Soul.