About The Product
Evolved. Refined. Perfected. Icon has never been satisfied with the status quo - which is why they created the new Icon Alliance helmet. Based on the proven Alliance SSR, this nexgen helmet is fitted with a multitude of key revisions. The first revision is the new EPS liner. Icon listened to the customers requests and reshaped the EPS liner into a more oval geometry. This new headform increases rider comfort by slightly elongating the entire inner circumference. Combine this geometry with a removable Hydra-DryTM wicking comfort liner and the the result is a nearly perfect rider focused enclosure. To further increase rider comfort we've revised the entire venting system. Much like a finely tuned motor, Icon reshaped and enlarged the intake and exhaust ports for increased airflow. Additional ventilation ports have also been added to the lateral aspect of the helmet to further increase ventilation. The shield itself has been upgraded to Icon's distortion free Pro-ShieldTM. The ProShield features the ProLock shield locking system, graphic enabled sideplates, fog free coating, and a no-tools shield change interface. Continuing with Icon's commitment to excellence, the Alliance is constructed with premier manufacturing processes and stringent quality assurance procedures. This, combined with rigorous testing, assures that the Alliance meets or exceeds the highest safety standards in the world.
Features and Benefits
- All world standard, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (Europe), SAI AS1698 (Australia) and SG (Japan) safety and testing standards. Does not ship with SAI or SG certification stickers unless purchased in that country
- Injection molded Polycarbonate shell
- Wind tunnel tested and refined
- Molded twin channel supervent for increased cooling
- Rear exhaust ports prevent heat buildup
- Internal on/off cheek exhaust switches
- Removable molded breath deflector
- Chin venting system reduces shield fogging
- Fully removable/washable HydraDry™ interior
- Quick-change fog-free eye Proshield™
- ProLock™ secure shield locking system
About The Brand
Icon does not ask for permission form the motorcycle industry, they tell them what the next trend will be - always have, always will. They make gear for the die-hard motorcyclist, from tough as nails leather motorcycle jackets to Kevlar reinforced jeans, waterproof textile jackets and pants to mesh gear that covers the same parts, Icon is there to offer comfort, protection, and style. They didn't forget about your fingers and toes either. They make a dozen styles of boots each with their own personality, all of them ready to kick the butts of whatever you throw at them and more gloves that you can shake a well protected fist at. Oh, you want more? How about a line of protective vests with built in back armor or some knee and elbow guards? Bottom line is this. You ride a motorcycle because it matches your personality, why should your gear be any different?