About The Product
The brand new RX-Q. Purpose-built to be "The Ultimate Street Helmet." A new benchmark in comfort, quiet, stability and ventilation in a street helmet. The helmet you'd build if you wanted to treat yourself to a dream. Every feature optimized for the conditions, speeds and environment of the real world. A helmet for others top-of-the-line models to envy. Even its name tells you it's special. To anyone familiar with Arai's model linage, the RX prefix is well-known. It began with the original X-7 back in 1979, evolving a few years later into the iconic RX-7 model series that effectively changed the face, literally and figuratively, of helmet design. Specifically created to be a cut above the others - even Arai's own. It's not a new street helmet by default, as in we need a new street helmet. It's a new street helmet by design, as in we need something nobody's ever done before. Arai applied the same tireless 24-7 focus usually reserved for race helmets to designing it. Refining and adapting proven concepts to a new purpose. As a result, the new RX-Q is aimed at the experienced street rider. One who can readily feel and appreciate the differences built into this amazing new Arai helmet, who reels off mega-miles no matter which way the road bends, and on every kind of bike.
Features and Benefits
- Extremely wide peripheral view for better visibility and awareness of the world around you. The RX-Q uses the same wider-eyeport SAI faceshield as the Corsair-V, 5mm wider on each side.
- Small, more aerodynamic, hand-formed natural size adds stability and stillness, not only in straight-linewind-tunnel stability, but the negative aerodynamic effect when turning your head to check traffic or in a cross wind. And it looks better on your head than other bigger, rounder balloon-style shell desighns on the market
- Advanced ventilation combines more efficency with even less interior noise. Arai's ability to futher refine proven designs to increase helmet performance proves that you don't have to reinvent the wheel to make substantial improvements. The vents have been refined to be extremely efficient, flowing huge volumes of air through the interior to improve ventilation at road speeds. Not a lot of vent holes just the right ones, in the right size, in the right place.
- A uniquely-designed lower Hyper-Ridge circles the shell bottom to improve strength and aerodynamics. It's design lowers the center-of-gravity for an exceptionally light feeling on your head, and provides a larger bottom opening for easier on-off without enlarging the helmet
- The RX-Q has both a removable neckroll and Arai's (now copied) innovation, the Emergency Cheek Pad Removal System. Both come directly from it's Corsair-V "big brother"
- Brand new, one piece bottom edge trim, gives an incredibly clean look by eliminating the need for seams. Another example of Arai's attention to the smallest detail, borne of Mr. Arai's belief: There is no unimportant part of an Arai helmet
- The RX-Q's truly-unique, newly-sculpted cheekpad shape cradles the head from underneath for a level of comfort and security that needs to be felt to be believed. With more surface area, it movees away from the typical "pressure fit" to a more "comfort fit" based om the design's "cradle" support. The design was influenced by Arai's F-1 drivers, the most demanding of all for fit
- New more aerodynamic upper and side exhaust vent cowling, sculpted to enhance stability while increasing exhaust efficiency. The side vent cowls are tailored to the needs and speeds of the street. Compared to the C-V, the RX-Q's cowling are larger and more aggressively styled, as lower street speeds require moresurface area and a more refined shaping in order to deliver the increased stability.
- Arai's exceptional handmade craftsmanship, made to a higher standard of protection, comfort, and quality that's difficult to put "price" on
- The faceshield Brow Vents, like those of the Corsair-V, redirect incoming air to the temples instead of the forehead, and around the ear area (missed by many ventilation systems). The stale air is then extracted out the side exhaust cowls. The airflow over the temple artery reportedly aldo helps cool the blood flow to the brain area. This simple re-purposing of two existing vent features greatly improves helmet performance and ride comfort
About The Brand
Arai's name and reputation have been forged over time, the hard way. Which means they haven't devoted three generations of the Arai family to the singular goal of no-holds-barred excellence just to turn out helmets like everybody else's. Arai alone has the experience, the quality, and the trust that truly set them apart. Whether you are a pro road racer or a casual commuter, Motocross superstar or weekend trail rider, Arai makes a helmet for you.