About The Product
Renthal's R4 SRS Road Chain is specially developed sealed ring chain utilizing Renthal's Self Regulating Seal (SRS) technology to increase the service life of the chain in road applications. The special SRS ring is pre-loaded during assembly creating a spring effect. As the chain wears, conventional O-rings and X-rings lose their seal, however the SRS ring has the ability to unload itself during use keeping a tighter seal against the side plates. This offers increased longevity as the specially formulated grease remains trapped around the critical pin and bushing area longer while also keeping dirt, water and other contaminants out.
Features and Benefits
- SRS Ring technology enhanced chain flexibility and offers smoother operation than standard O-ring chains
- Larger diameter pins manufactured from specially enhanced alloy steel improve the resistance to shock loads and wear
- Quad riveting process on each pin increases the tensile strength on the chain
- Thicker inner and outer plates increase the fatigue life of the chain
- Gold anodized side plates help prevent corrosion
- Every R4SRS chain comes pre-stretched for enhanced performance
- Each chain includes masterlink and a pair of latex gloves for mess free installation
- Average tensile strength of 8992lbs
About The Brand
Renthal is a global leader in the manufacturing, design and sales of motorcycle and ATV accessories, including but not limited to, handlebars, grips, chainwheels and chain. Their products are sold globally, but the manufacturing heart is in Manchester England. Renthal is the leader in handlebars for the motorcycle and ATV markets and currently, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and KTM fit their motocross models with Renthal handlebars as stock. Renthal sponsors racers from all over the world and 153 World Titles and 132 US Titles have been won using Renthal products.