About The Product
Why Leatt? This chart shows the percentage of force reduction when wearing a Leatt neck brace vs. not wearing a brace.
The Leatt Club 2 Red/Black SM comes with a FREE Pride pad kit
The GPX Club II is based on the original Leatt-Brace® GPX Club. The GPX Club II is fu2y adjustable to suit most individual rider needs. The Leatt-Brace® neck brace is a revolutionary system designed to help protect a rider against various forces on the neck during impact, namely the over-bending of the head and neck in a forward, backward and sideways direction by employing patented Alternative Load Path Technology™ . This technology helps disperse impact forces away from critical areas onto less vulnerable areas of the body and is pivotal to the design of the Leatt Brace®.
Features and Benefits
- The GPX Club II features stylish new padding
- The brace is constructed from fiberglass reinforced polyamide resin, whereby microscopic glass beads are infused into the plastic to increase its bondstrength. This makes for a controlled, stronger brace, without compromising the wearer's safety
- Certain parts of the brace are constructed from carbon-fiber that is reinforced with Kevlar®. This helps prevent the parts from shattering and sharp edges from protruding
- At the back of the brace, fitting firmly on the muscles surrounding the spine, sits an engineered thoracic member that helps keep the brace in position during an impact. This strut is designed to snap off at a certain force (roughly, one third of the force it takes to injure the spine)
- The rear-upper support acts as a crumple-zone, giving way under a severe load in certain circumstances
- A unique cut-out section helps ensure the brace and helmet avoids contact with the collarbone
- Rounding off the construction of the brace is shock-absorbing Bio-foam. Biomechanically designed to help cushion the chin and contain the brace material in an accident, Bio-foam is also fully replaceable and machine-washable
- The brace features two red-colored clips that identify emergency openings to paramedics
- Leatt-Brace® is CE certified (according to Personal Protective Equipment directive 89/686/EEC) and all materials used have been chemically tested and certified, so it is free of lead and other harmful additives
- Maximum adjustability on the GPX Club II brace is achieved through six independent adjustment points and the brace is adjustable to suit the needs of most individual riders
About The Brand
Dr. Chris Leatt started the design of his revolutionary neck brace in 2001 and after years of development he introduced the product at the 6th International Motorcycle Conference. It didn't take long for the public and press to take notice of this innovative device as it graced the covers of well known magazines and helped protect thousands of riders. Most new products are developed and tested at the Leatt Lab based in Cape Town, South Africa where engineers gather data to bring even greater protection to the sport of motorcycling. In addition to the neck brace that they are famous for, Leatt makes jackets, roost guards, back protectors, elbow and knee guards, and hydration systems. Everything that Leatt makes is engineered for performance.