About The Product
The Signet-Q Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet.
The Cure for the common "Hot-Spot."
How do you improve on the "Ultimate Street Helmet", the RX-Q, arguably the most innovative street helmet ever produced? Simple; you make it fit more people!
While outwardly nearly identical to the RX-Q, on which it is based, the Signet-Q interior is a world apart. In simple terms, the Signet-Q is an elongated version of the RX-Q, adding 5 mm front to back, providing the room necessary for a truly Long-Oval (L/O) interior.
This Long-Oval shape can trace its roots directly to the legendary Signet series, the namesake of this model. The "Q" designation signifies the innovations and benefits proven so successful on the RX-Q.
Features and Benefits
- Long Oval Interior Shape: The new Signet-Q has Arai's Long Oval (L/O) shell shape. This shape is designed for the rider whose head has a front-to-back dimension that is considerably longer than the side-to-side dimension
- SAI Max-Vision® Brow Vent Shield: SAI Max-Vision® "Brow Vent" shield, combines the enhanced field of view of the SAI eye port (with 5 mm more peripheral view at each side), with a full eye port cavity to accept the Pinlock® 100% Max-Vision® lens for larger anti-fog field of view
- Long Oval Shell Shape: The elongated shell and interior liner, front to back, give the new Signet-Q the ability to end forehead pressure and hot spots for riders whose heads are significantly longer front to back and narrower side to side. For head shapes that are longer, but still have a bit of width, the Signet-Q interior head liners has 5 mm peel-away pads on both sides to allow the rider to micro-fit themselves without the need to change size or purchase optional comfort liners. The Signet-Q is the result of Arai's long history of understanding the complexity of the relationship between head size and head shape, combined with the "melting pot" effect, which is most pronounced in the North American Markets
- Advanced Ventilation: Advanced ventilation combines more efficiency with even less interior noise. Arai's ability to further refine proven designs to increase helmet performance proves that you don't have to reinvent the wheel to make substantial improvements. The vents have been refined to be extremely efficient, flowing huge volumes of air through the interior to improve ventilation at road speeds. Not a lot of vent holes - just the right ones, in the right size, in the right place
- Micro-Fit Headliner: The added benefit of 5 mm peel-away temple pads adds another level of customization, giving the helmet interior a little extra width when needed. Enhanced customer benefits of customizable, micro-fitment interior, without the need to purchase extra interior components, underscores Arai's commitment to providing Arai customers with more
- Lower Center Gravity: A uniquely-designed lower Hyper-Ridge circles the shell bottom to improve strength and aerodynamics. Its design lowers the center-of-gravity for an exceptionally light feeling on your head, and provides a larger bottom opening for easier on-off without enlarging the helmet
- Removable Neckroll: The Signet-Q has both a removable neckroll and Arai's (now copied) innovation, the Emergency Cheek Pad Removal System. Both come directly from its Corsair-V "big brother."
- Facial Contour System: The new Facial Contour Support (FCS®) cheek pad design, is an innovative and exclusive spring support system. FCS® adds just the right amount of pressure when needed while being worn, but seamlessly "gets out of the way" when putting on and taking off the Signet-Q. This design, combined with the 5 mm peel-away micro-fit layer, amplifies Arai’s attention to all aspects of helmet fit
- Even More Comfort: The Signet-Q's truly-unique, newly-sculpted cheekpad shape cradles the head from underneath for a level of comfort and security that needs to be felt to be believed. With more surface area, it moves away from the typical "pressure fit" to a more "comfort fit" based on the design's "cradle" support. The design was influenced by Arai's F-1 drivers, the most demanding of all for fit. Very, very quiet. Mostly owed to the new cheekpad design. The newly sculpted lower portion of the cheek pad better cradles the jaw, blocking more noise entering the helmet from underneath - the major source of helmet noise - by creating a better noise seal. This, combined with new sound-deadening foam in the ear pocket, gives you an extremely quiet helmet. Plus, the cheekpad also has Arai's innovative Emergency Cheekpad Removal System
- Aerodynamic Exhaust Vent Cowling: New more aerodynamic upper and side exhaust vent cowling, sculpted to enhance stability while increasing exhaust efficiency. The side vent cowls are tailored to the needs and speeds of the street. Compared to the C-V, the Signet-Q's cowlings are larger and more aggressively styled, as lower street speeds require more surface area and a more refined shaping in order to deliver the increased stability. High speed performance is also excellent
- Handmade Craftsmanship: Arai's exceptional handmade craftsmanship, made to a higher standard of protection, comfort, and quality that's difficult to put a "price" on
- Brow-Vent Channeling: The faceshield Brow Vents, like those of the Corsair-V, redirect incoming air to the temples instead of the forehead, and around the ear area (missed by many helmet ventilation systems). The stale air is then extracted out the side exhaust cowls. The airflow over the temple artery reportedly also helps cool the blood flow to the brain area. This simple re-purposing of two existing vent features greatly improves helmet performance and rider comfort
- A Philosophy of Evolution, Not Revolution: True to Arai's successful generations-long philosophy of evolution rather than revolution, the complexity and sophistication of the Signet-Q design is hidden in the simplicity of its execution. It’s typical "Arai look" belies the considerable performance this helmet delivers for the street rider. The "look" is purpose-driven by Arai's belief that you can make changes to a helmet shell as long as you never forget its primary function: Impact energy management; thereby leading to the use of more natural, smoother surfaces without exaggerated ridges or protrusions that may look impressive, but that in a crash could possibly have an adverse effect on the helmet's main job - manage impact energy
- Testing Feedback: Testing feedback has centered on how light the Signet-Q feels in your hands - and even lighter on your head. Peripheral vision, comfort, and stability seem to be immediately recognizable, and a new level of quiet that impresses everybody who experiences it, proving that this helmet needs to be ridden in to fully appreciate the features that make it stand out among its competition
- Fluorescent and or bright finishes used in certain Arai helmets are not covered by warranty and may fade with the passage of time and exposure to the elements.
About The Brand
Arai's name and reputation have been forged over time, the hard way. Which means they haven't devoted three generations of the Arai family to the singular goal of no-holds-barred excellence just to turn out helmets like everybody else's. Arai alone has the experience, the quality, and the trust that truly set them apart. Whether you are a pro road racer or a casual commuter, Motocross superstar or weekend trail rider, Arai makes a helmet for you.