About The Product
The Corsair V Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet is reserved for those riders with no reservations about wanting the best, the absolute state of the art as only Arai can do it.
This is it, the one helmet that stands at the pinnacle of design, fit and comfort. Improvements and innovations that extend to the smallest details. Built with one goal: to please the advanced rider, and racer, who knows the difference, who's worn other helmets, who knows what they lack and who refuses to settle for less any longer. In a world in which few, if any of us, can ever own the best of something, the Corsair V Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet is your chance.
Features and Benefits
- Interior head shape/fitment: Intermediate Oval - Shorter front-to-back and a little wider side-to-side than the Long Oval. This fit package begins the shift from oblong towards round.
- DF-10 Diffuser: Offers enhanced air inlets to increase airflow efficiency even better than its predecessor. A new middle-intake slot creates more negative pressure pull for even faster venting of stale air. Larger upper vent toggles work with thick gloves, and the center Top Vent is re-sculpted for more air intake
- Peripheral Belting: Created by Arai for the its latest Formula-1 helmets, the belt goes across the shell's forehead area just above the eyeport opening, further enhancing the helmet's structural integrity while still maintaining exceptional flexibility and low weight. The belt is incorporated into Arai's SNC (Structural Net Composite) shell construction to create the top-of-the-line PB-SNC shell
- Wider Eyeport: The 10mm wider opening (5mm per side) enhances peripheral vision and the feeling of openness inside the helmet. The wider opening uses Arai's SAI series faceshield that also fits so flush that it looks almost like a continuation of the shell
- Latest Generation Dry-Cool® Liner: Distinguished by its silver-grey color, Arai's Dry-Cool® liner has repositioned the rear mounting-snaps closer to the liner bottom for a more secure fit
- Removable / Replaceable Vented Neckroll: Now removable and replaceable, it adds yet another stale-interior-air exhaust outlet through via channels in the EPS liner, not to mention making complete helmet cleaning a breeze and , in the case of damage, a snap to replace
- Patented Air Wing®: Arai's exclusive adjustable Air Wing® is designed to greatly reduce drag, turbulence and buffeting. It provides unprecedented aerodynamic performance options via five hand-adjustable attack angle positions from full-tuck racing to upright riding
- Emergency Cheekpad Release System: This now copied groundbreaking Arai safety innovation was specifically developed to allow easier access to an injured rider by sliding out easily, making helmet removal easier for trained medical personnel
- Outward-Flaring Hyper-Ridge: The outward flaring produces a larger opening that makes for easier on/off. (Arai hopes this will make it easier for more riders to choose the right size helmet in the smallest shell possible.) The Hyper-Ridge reinforcement band circles the bottom of the shell, adding shell strength and lowering the helmet's center of gravity which contributes to better overall balance, making the helmet rest easier on your head
- Brow-Vent Channeling: The Corsair V's Brow-vent inner ducts redirect incoming air to the temples instead of the forehead and around the ear areal (missed by many helmet ventilation systems). The stale air is then extracted out the side exhaust cowls. The airflow over the temples artery reportedly also helps cool the blood flow to the brain area. This simple re-purposing of two existing vent features greatly improves helmet performance and rider comfort
- The wider eyeport uses Arai's SAI series faceshield that fits so flush that it looks almost like a continuation of the shell
- Compact Organic Shell Shape: Even more compact and aerodynamic than the original Corsair's, it fits the human head shape more closely, so it looks better and flows better in the wind
- Noise-Absorbing Ear-Pad Foam: Blocks more noise from reaching your ears. While not a Wow! Advancement, it's the kind devoted to making you more comfortable in an Arai - not to making headlines. The result: Corsair V owner feedback has proven this small attention to detail has had a noticeable positive impact on their satisfaction
- Side-Vent Exhaust Ports: Offers enhanced air inlets to increase airflow efficiency even better than its predecessor. A new middle-intake slot creates more negative pressure pull for even faster venting of stale air. Larger upper vent toggles work with thick gloves and the center Top Vent is re-sculpted for more air intake
- Fluorescent and or bright finishes used in certain Arai helmets are not covered by warranty and may fade with the passage of time and exposure to the elements
About The Brand
Arai's name and reputation have been forged over time, the hard way. Which means they haven't devoted three generations of the Arai family to the singular goal of no-holds-barred excellence just to turn out helmets like everybody else's. Arai alone has the experience, the quality, and the trust that truly set them apart. Whether you are a pro road racer or a casual commuter, Motocross superstar or weekend trail rider, Arai makes a helmet for you.